Honored Contributor

"MY COUSIN RACHEL" OLIVIA DE HAVILLAND RICHARD BURTON MONDAY 7:40 A.M. EASTERN FOX MOVIE CHANNEL

7:40 a.m. Eastern, Fox Movie Channel--  "My Cousin Rachel"  Olivia de Havilland, Richard Burton

Really sorry to be getting this alert up so late-- I often forget to check the Fox Movie Channel for goodies!

Young Richard Burton grows to manhood in romantic coastal England--  when his beloved guardian dies, his world is upended and his guardian's beautiful, enigmatic widow (Olivia de Havilland) travels from Italy to Burton's English estate.  His suspicion of her turns to romantic obsession, at the same time that he is increasingly tortured by doubts about her motives and actions.

Very skillful performance by de Havilland helps set up the ambivalence and uneasy, deepening mystery in the film.  Gothic and suspenseful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWNn8PRdUVg

Honored Contributor

Re: "MY COUSIN RACHEL" OLIVIA DE HAVILLAND RICHARD BURTON MONDAY 7:40 A.M. EASTERN FOX MOV

Just one small additional note-- at past 100, Olivia de Havilland is part of the tiny, exclusive club (whose other member is Kirk Douglas) of Golden Age, top rank Hollywood stars still with us.  Fun to think about while watching her captured timelessly on celluloid...