Honored Contributor

Re: "MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS" KENNETH BRANAGH MONDAY 7:40 P.M. EASTERN FOX MOVIE CHA

Hey, thanks @AuntG for reporting about the commercials-- hope @Kindaglitzy sees your post!

I hope to watch it by the weekend....

Honored Contributor

Re: "MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS" KENNETH BRANAGH MONDAY 7:40 P.M. EASTERN FOX MOVIE CHA

@dawg lover wrote:

Warning:  I have very strong opinions on this film!!!  Horrible!  Awful!  Not true to the character of Hercule Poirot, made changes to the book, Kenneth Branagh's mustache and accent are terrible.

If you want to watch a great version of this movie, watch the PBS one with David Suchet or the film from the 70's with Albert Finney.  Don't waste your time with this one.

Thank you!!

Honored Contributor

Might I add..................David Suchet is Hercule Poirot.

Honored Contributor

@Kindaglitzy wrote:
I did not see a response about whether or not Fox Movie Network broadcasts with commercials? Asking because I’d have to pay more to get FMN.

probably get at library. More people need to use Free Gov. stuff

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell wrote:

Yeah, Willem Dafoe, another good one.  I love him, wherever he pops up -- wish he did more....

@Oznelli'm a Dafoe fan too -  even "enjoyed" him in his Van Gogh portrayal, so torturous to watch due to difficult subject matter, but i felt like i had crawled into the artist's skin and mind.  "At Eternity's Gate"

Honored Contributor

Loved DaFoe in The Grand Budapest Hotel, esp the hilarious ski scene. I loved the whole quirky movie.
Respected Contributor

Thanks for the responses about commercials on FMN.
Honored Contributor

Finally watched my recording.  I liked it!  Thought Branagh was very, very good.  (And I'm a huge David Suchet fan-- he's a brilliant Poirot).  But it was interesting to see Branagh take a wack at it-- he's a great talent.  Hated his mustache though.

The movie had a certain "grand" pace, unfolding rather slowly, but for some reason I didn't mind that.  Lots of excellent, small, gem-like performances.  And the celebrated art direction didn't disappoint.

Well, and I did find out that Fox Movie Channel does show commercials with their afternoon movies, although not with the morning ones.  Weird.  And there were a LOT of them, but since I had recorded, zipped through.  But that is a down side to the channel, in my opinion.