Honored Contributor

"MR. HOBBS TAKES A VACATION" JAMES STEWART, MAUREEN O'HARA FRIDAY 9:00 A.M. EASTERN FOX MOVIE CHANNE

optimistavacaciones.jpg

FLASH ALERT:

9:00 a.m. Eastern, Friday, Fox Movie Channel--  "Mr. Hobbs Takes a Vacation"   James Stewart, Maureen O'Hara, Reginald Gardner, John McGiver, Lauri Peters, John Saxon, Fabian

Odd time of airing, but perhaps just what's needed.  Light-hearted, rather silly, zany comedy, in which Jimmy Stewart is perfect as usual, as a put-upon father and husband on a seaside vacation.  Early 60's nostalgia.  Funny bird-watching sequence with the inimitable John McGiver worth the price of admission....  

Honored Contributor

Re: "MR. HOBBS TAKES A VACATION" JAMES STEWART, MAUREEN O'HARA FRIDAY 9:00 A.M. EASTERN FO

OOPS! I missed it. But I liked looking at the picture you included. It made me think - Maureen O'Hara was "married" to many men during her film career. And she looked like she genuinely liked each one. But what's not to like about Jimmy Stewart.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: "MR. HOBBS TAKES A VACATION" JAMES STEWART, MAUREEN O'HARA FRIDAY 9:00 A.M. EASTERN FO

Oh bummer, I saw this too late.  I liked that movie.

Honored Contributor

One of my childhood faves. It has been airing a lot on FXM in the past few weeks, check their schedule. 

Honored Contributor

I watched that this morning and had to laugh.  It was so nice to see that!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bit of trivia, Lauri Peters who played the teen daughter was the original Liesl in Sound of Music on Broadway. She was married to Jon Voight for a short time. 

Trusted Contributor

This is a wonderful movie, loved some of the scenes especially when Stewart called the boy that asked his daughter to dance a pygmie.  That was funny.

Honored Contributor

It's always been one of my favorite movies. So very funny! 

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell 

Sorry I missed this, but have seen it many times.  The first time, I laughed a lot....it was just perfect.

In subsequent viewings, it was just enjoyable to watch for the silly story.

It hasn't been on in a long time that I could remember.

Honored Contributor

One of my favorites! Heart

Roger Hobbs: Don't you think he had a rather intelligent face? It looked to me like the inside of a small cantaloupe.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~