Honored Contributor

"Lost Horizon" TCM 8:00 p.m. Eastern

Quick reminder of this Frank Capra-directed film on tonight.  Ronald Colman is a bigwig rescuing Westerners from an Asian hotspot; their plane is hijacked and wrecked in the Himalayas;  they trek through rugged mountain passes to find a hidden civilization,  "Shangri-la".

Romantic, idealistic, adventurous.  A utopia movie that has a shimmering kind of loveliness.  Ronald Colman is perfect as a worldly man who finds his love and his real home in Shangri-la...

Esteemed Contributor

Re: "Lost Horizon" TCM 8:00 p.m. Eastern

Loved this movie when I firs saw it.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Regular Contributor

I remember watching this with my mom 50 yrs ago.  I liked the 70s remake with Olivia Hussy. That version is never on TV.

Honored Contributor

@kibbi wrote:

I remember watching this with my mom 50 yrs ago.  I liked the 70s remake with Olivia Hussy. That version is never on TV.

i actually watched the newer version not that long ago, but i dont remember which channel it was on. it is not on often though.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Oznell

This is another one I had to write about in that high school film class!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~