Honored Contributor

Lilac Tree, I get a kick out of watching Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban interact together in public.  They appear to be a comfortably happy couple.

Suri, may I add, is the daughter of Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise.  Like you, I cannot tolerate Tom Cruise and the society (I can't bring myself to call it a religion). to which he belongs.    

Trusted Contributor

Tom Cruise is just flat out weird. I cannot get over that ridiculous Oprah debacle with him jumping on the couch like a child. Weird. If that isn't enough, there's always his public shaming of Brooke Shields, someone he called a friend, for seeking help for postpartum depression. He's an as*.

Nicole K sure traded up with Keith U. They have had their problems, but at least they genuinely seem to care for one another. I don't think Mr Cruise ever has had an iota of genuineness. And, yes, Nicole is a understated actress, very natural and gifted.

Now, I MUST see Lion.

dee

Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

@golding76 wrote:

Winamac, I stand with Nicole Kidman.  Her work is impressive, no matter how small the role, as you write.  

I always was amused that some people thought she was haughty, standoffich or stuck on herself.  I never had that impression of her.  On the contrary, I always figured her to be someone who is pleasant enough upon meeting you but then waits to see how close she will bring you, depending on your depth of being and sensitivities.  She is genuine and is obviously happy in her life with Keith Urban.  I am waaay off topic, but I just wanted to celebrate Ms. Kidman.   It is delightful to watch her in this happiest phase of her life.

I've been a fan for a long time. 

@golding76

So have I Goldie, and she hasn't had it easy.  She lost two adopted children because of Tom Cruise's affiliation with Scientology.  That was a long hard fight which Nicole lost.  Cruise turned the children against her.  He is such a bad person, I don't know how he continues to be such a big star.

Thankfully, Nicole was able to save her little daughter, Suri.  She also has two daughters with Urban, and they are a happy family.  I like them both so much (Nicole and Keith) and I hope this marriage lasts.  Google is now reporting that Nicole wants to adopt a little Indian boy.  Maybe because of her time in India making the movie "Lion?" (My thoughts only.)

Nicole's daughter is not Suri.  That's Tom's second wife's daughter. 

Sorry, Goldie-I just saw you addressed this.

The little boy did carry the movie for the first half--incredible.  He should have won an award.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@culebra wrote:

I thought the little boy carried the movie.  He was absolutely brilliant in the role.

@culebrayou are so right!

just got around to watching LION while we were traveling......it was fabulous. we also got to see SULLY and THE FOUNDER, also both excellent movies. i also think that that young boy, sunny pawar, carried the movie. what a performance! he didnt even have to speak and you could feel his emotions. the others were great also, but i was really drawn to the boy and his experiences. i had tears in my eyes multiple times.....loved the real photos of the family at the end. i believe this was based on a book also, which i have to get.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein