Honored Contributor

Watched it last night on ON DEMAND.  Sad and lovely at the same time.  Very real and wonderful acting, including, again, Nicole Kidman, in a very unglamorous but heart wrenching role.  I think she has become the actress of our day. 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Frequent Contributor

we watched it last night too Excellant movie! 

Respected Contributor

It's incredibly moving.  I loved it.  So many great performances.  

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Respected Contributor

one of the few movies i roused myself to go out and see in a theater.  loved it.  highly recommend.  i definitely needed kleenex at the end.  

Esteemed Contributor

We saw Lion this week and really enjoyed it (would make a great double feature with Slumdog Millionaire.

Honored Contributor

To me, this movie was exquisitely created: The directing, writing and acting were all top-notch.  I wept several times throughout the film, and I thought Dev Patel -- and Nicole Kidman especially -- were brilliant.   Never have I seen Ms. Kidman so subtle, so nuanced in her acting.  Her eyes can tell everything.  I agree that her talents have often been under-used and underrated.

Also, the film was beautifully edited; music in background just fabulous.

It really is a must-see.

Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

To me, this movie was exquisitely created: The directing, writing and acting were all top-notch.  I wept several times throughout the film, and I thought Dev Patel -- and Nicole Kidman especially -- were brilliant.   Never have I seen Ms. Kidman so subtle, so nuanced in her acting.  Her eyes can tell everything.  I agree that her talents have often been under-used and underrated.

Also, the film was beautifully edited; music in background just fabulous.

It really is a must-see.

I loved it too!  I didn't know what to expect.  All performances were outstanding!  The little boy was incredible!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I thought it was very moving!  Great story to begin with but even more amazing that it's based on a true story!

Have plenty of tissues on hand!

Honored Contributor

Wow!!!!!! Reading all of your reviews, I am going to have to watch this. I love Nicole Kidman as an actress, and think she is one of the best and Dev Patel is very good also, so I am anxious to see this! 

Honored Contributor

Yes, Winamac, how did I forget to mention the actor who played the Young Saroo?  Several times throughout the film I thought how genuine and convincing he was in his acting, so unlike the hammy and predictable tone and delivery of child actors turned out in Hollywood.  Really, they almost all belong on the Lifetime channel (no offense intended because I love many Lifetime movies - yeah!).  But you know what I mean by the delivery of young actors if you think of that channel's productions.

Overlooking the Young Saroo was a BIG but unintended slight on my part.  There was just so much to admire in this movie.  By contrast, I recently viewed Genius.  There was so much promising material in this film that was unrealized.  Really, I was astounded by the sophomoric script and Directing 101-level of movie directing.  Just dismal!

Ms. Kidman, I am sure, wanted to do something with her role as Mrs. Bernstein in the film, but the entire project was poorly done, IMHO.