Respected Contributor

"Last Scene Alive" Aurora Teagarden Mystery Movie from 1/7/18

If you watched this movie last evening, what did you think of it?    I have always enjoyed each and every one of the AT Mysteries.  

However, I have to say the new one that was on last evening was a disappointment.    To start with, I can't believe they have written John out of the picture.    He was so crazy about Aurora's mother and I thought for sure they would eventually get married.    I really enjoyed his character.    Saying that he left Lawrenceville to be closer to his grandchildren was really lame.  

Then promoting the dim-witted Perry to work on the newspaper was so silly.    And now it looks like Martin might be leaving the movie series.     Since they are having him go to South America to look for his CIA partner it seems to me that he might be out of the picture.

I certainly hope they aren't planning to have Aurora take up with Robin Daniels again.  I just don't care for his character.   

I have no idea why but I just couldn't get into this new movie.   To me, it certainly didn't seem as entertaining as the past movies.  

I didn't care for the whole Hollywood coming to Lawrenceville concept.    It almost seems like they are running out of plots and just throwing anything together. 

As I said I've enjoyed all them but my favorite one was "Three Bedrooms, One Corpse". 

Which one of the movies did you enjoy the most?  

Super Contributor

Re: "Last Scene Alive" Aurora Teagarden Mystery Movie from 1/7/18

I’m glad to know that I’m not the only one who was disappointed!  They messed up writing John out, and where was Sally?!  Martin had a very small role, so I do hope he’s not being written out also.

Perhaps the storyline worked better in a book rather than a TV movie.

Honored Contributor

I was disappointed that John is no longer in the show, too.  I wondered if the actor wanted out of the movies for some reason.  It didn't make any sense otherwise.  I read the synopses for all of the books in order on Amazon when I started watching the series.  If the movies are following the books Martin won't be written out like this.  I won't say anymore.  I certainly hope they're following the books, because I like him.

I liked this movie.  I didn't like the ending, though, because things were so up in the air with Martin.  I hope Sally will be back.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Esteemed Contributor

Some trivia on this movie:  In real life the guy who plays Robin is married to the craft service girl, the one who tried to attack Ro in her home.

Contributor

Bits of trivia:

Yannick Bisson, the actor who plays "Martin",is the star of Murdoch Mysteries which is a Canadian series that is popular world wide.

In the book series by Charlaine Harris, Aurora is married to Robin the mystery writer.

Honored Contributor

In the books, Martin and Aurora marry, he is killed off and Aurora remarries. The books are much better than the movies. I read all of them that were available well before the movie series and find some of the casting as well as the change of venue unfortunate. Aurora, in the books, is a southern woman living in Georgia and most of the other characters are more fully developed and bear only a passing resemblence to those in the movies. The series of books ended in 2003 but the author has added two new books over the past couple of years 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@jbsand @stevieb, thanks so much for the info from the books!!!!

Honored Contributor

@jbs wrote:

Bits of trivia:

Yannick Bisson, the actor who plays "Martin",is the star of Murdoch Mysteries which is a Canadian series that is popular world wide.

In the book series by Charlaine Harris, Aurora is married to Robin the mystery writer.

She married Martin first, though, and he died.  Then she married Robin.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

[ Edited ]

Can anyone tell me why Aurora is living with her mother? I thought she was going to live in Julius House. I missed the first few minutes of the movie; did I miss the explanation?