Honored Contributor

"LETTERS FROM HOLLYWOOD". PRIVATE CORRESPONDENCE OF STARS

For classic film buffs.  New book that TCM is touting:

Rocky Lang and Barbara Hall have managed to pull from various archives and collections the rare personal correspondence of many actors and filmmakers.

Greta Garbo, Hitchcock, Cary Grant.   I sure wouldn't mind a peep into their notes and letters-- could be quite revealing.

I'm obsessed with handwriting samples of all kinds, and would love to see their various styles of script, printing or whatever!

Honored Contributor

Re: "LETTERS FROM HOLLYWOOD". PRIVATE CORRESPONDENCE OF STARS

Many of us were taught at school how to write thank you cards, business letters etc.  I still write personal greetings when I send cards.

I am glad the private correspondence of some stars wll be revealed in a book form. It will show insight into their lives, lives off screen and things we weren't aware of.  We read about scandals and such but who knows the truth.  Perhaps these letters will clear up some stories.  

I love the old quill pens and dipping in ink!  I am also a fan of fountain pens.  It will be fun checking out these letters, handwritings and correspondence!  Thanks for the information!

Honored Contributor

@spiderw, you never fail to amaze me!  Of course you would love quill pens and all that sort of fascinating writing paraphernalia...  I so enjoy your intellectual curiosity about so much of the world.

Honored Contributor

they sure don't do it any more. I give gifts and don't get a thank you in person let alone a note that is mailed.

Esteemed Contributor

The reviews are pretty good on Amazon

Honored Contributor

Thank you, Oznell, you are most kind ! 

Honored Contributor

OMgosh, @Oznell , if you go to Amazon and look up this book, click on the book and then look on the left side and it will say, "look inside" and there you can see MANY letters, pictures, etc. It's priceless.  Just keep scrolling and it will take you page to page. But many of the letters are typed if you're looking mainly for handwriting; however, there are quite a few handwritten, sloppily I must add, lol.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Oh, how cool, @Judaline ,  thanks for the heads' up!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

For classic film buffs.  New book that TCM is touting:

Rocky Lang and Barbara Hall have managed to pull from various archives and collections the rare personal correspondence of many actors and filmmakers.

Greta Garbo, Hitchcock, Cary Grant.   I sure wouldn't mind a peep into their notes and letters-- could be quite revealing.

I'm obsessed with handwriting samples of all kinds, and would love to see their various styles of script, printing or whatever!

Thank you oznell, you always have such good information.  This book is definitely my cup of teaSmiley Happy