Honored Contributor

I watched it last night.  It was a very strange production, in that one sees everything from her eyes, yet she is visible where others are not.  One never sees JFK's face, even in flashbacks, and others were not identified at all.  The actor who portrayed Bobby was not convincing.  And where the heck was Teddy? 

Natalie Portman did a good job with the voice, but her facial expression never changed, and the hair was all wrong.  I believe she won the Oscar for this? 

For the dramatic event it was, there was a total lack of drama in the movie.  I'm really on the fence about whether I liked it or not, but I did watch the whole thing.  I wouldn't watch it again though.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

She was nominated but she didn't win.

I liked the movie.

Respected Contributor

Jackie Kennedy was one of a kind - I wish they would stop trying to emulate her - can't be done - she was just stunning and an enigma. 

Super Contributor

I recently skimed part of the DVD.  I didn't realize the movie was all about THAT weekend.  I thought it was going to start there and progress to her life after that.  I lived through that weekend and I didn't want to watch a replay of it. 

♥chocolate lover ♦ audiobook junkie♥
Honored Contributor

@mollybgood wrote:

I recently skimed part of the DVD.  I didn't realize the movie was all about THAT weekend.  I thought it was going to start there and progress to her life after that.  I lived through that weekend and I didn't want to watch a replay of it. 

@mollybgood

I thought so too.  I thought it was more of a biographical look into her life afterwards also.  I didn't realize that until you said it. 

I lived through that weekend as well and all I did was sob and cry.  I was seven months pregnant at the time and had one toddler. 

I cried for years every time they had a story on it. 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986