Honored Contributor

"JULIE" DORIS DAY, LOUIS JOURDAN MONDAY 4:00 A.M. EASTERN TCM

For those who are enjoying the all-day-and-night "Doris"-fest right now, but might like to DVR one of her nifty little noir-ish thrillers for later viewing:

4:00 a.m. Eastern--  "Julie"    Doris Day, Louis Jourdan, Barry Sullivan

Retired stewardess Doris knows that classical pianist hubby's (Louis Jourdan) smooth country-club manner conceals a wild possessiveness and jealousy.  She is not prepared for what he will do to keep her for himself, (even though adorable family friend Barry Sullivan is more than ready to help her escape up the California coast from his clutches...)

Soapy, but with real suspense and urgency.  Revel in the Monterey-area seascapes and architecture.  Her Fifties-modern beach house is a gem...

1_tR7jI6UoE3j3EphdluTsvQ.jpeg   

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: "JULIE" DORIS DAY, LOUIS JOURDAN MONDAY 4:00 A.M. EASTERN TCM

@Oznell: Have you seen this movie? I saw it on TCM a few years ago and really enjoyed it. It's quite a thriller!

Honored Contributor

Yeah, I have, @Diva on The Q, and I try to promote it whenever it's on--  not everyone has seen this side of her talent.  Sunny Doris is surprisingly effective in suspense and film noir, isn't she?!

Respected Contributor

@Oznell: I've seen many Doris Day movies, comedies, musicals. But I find that I especially enjoy her in serious dramas. Some of my favorites are: "Love Me or Leave Me" with James Cagney;  "Midnight Lace" with Rex Harrison and "The Man Who Knew Too Much" with James Stewart. I guess it's because she had the looks and image of the All American girl next door. You're in for a surprise when you discover a whole different side of her. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm going to record this.  I do like suspense dramas.  Agree with previous poster about watching DD in more serious dramas.  Mike Nichols wanted her for Mrs. Robinson.  If she had wanted to do it, which she didn't, I think she had the talent to pull it off especially with his direction.