Honored Contributor

Re: "ITALIANAMERICAN" SCORSESE DOCUMENTARY MONDAY 8:00 P.M. EASTERN TCM

@Oznell Thanks for posting!  I loved listening to the two of them.

My family (extended) lives in the Philadelphia region on my Mother's side and on my father's side they are real "country people".  I can go to a church near me that's been there since the very early 1900's and see many, many of my Dad's family buried there.

The irony of it though is I remember when each side got together with 'their' group it was the SAME way as far as the talking, finishing sentences and 'do you remember so and so and on and on'.

Just today I took a friend of mine (country boy who's streets are named after his family) one of his favorite donuts.  We started talking about 'the old days' when this area was underdeveloped and on and on.

His wife (who's from Kentucky), walked out to the car, heard us talking and turned around and went back inside.  You know kinda like, "OMG!  I've heard this from these two over and over about 'the old days'....I'm outta here".....and she left!

Thanks for the smiles.  

Honored Contributor

Yeah, @Judaline, on that side of the family, Welsh and English.

Ha, @Annabellethecat66, cute!  And so true.

Honored Contributor

Wish I was home to watch that..I looked and don't see it airing again any time soon. I will have to keep looking.