Honored Contributor

"IMPACT" BRIAN DONLEVY, ELLA RAINES THURSDAY 8:15 A.M. EASTERN TCM

8:15 a.m. Eastern--  "Impact"  Brian Donlevy, Ella Raines, Helen Walker, Charles Coburn, Anna May Wong, Mae Marsh, Tony Barrett

Terrific film noir/romance.  Successful businessman (Donlevy) is wildly in love with his young, seductive wife (Walker), oblivious to the fact that she and her lover have dire plans for him.

Spoiler
They plot to have him killed while he is on the road, but circumstances allow him to survive and the boyfriend to get iced. 

Dazed after his experience, Donlevy takes on a new identity and goes to work for an attractive woman in a small town.  But there remains the loose end of his enigmatic wife, unaware that he has plans of his own to return to his formerly elevated station in life...

Gosh, I hope I haven't made this sound too complicated.  It's getting too late to think!  But this has a super cast, great production values, and building suspense and plot twists.  TCM really needs to schedule goodies like this in prime time, not the breakfast slot!  But you won't regret recording this if you can't watch in real time.

Honored Contributor

Re: "IMPACT" BRIAN DONLEVY, ELLA RAINES THURSDAY 8:15 A.M. EASTERN TCM

Oh, no, I knew I was too sleepy to be posting.  I thought I was putting this in TV/Movies!   Do you think there are any moderators around?  I will request that they move it out of C.C. and into the Movie column.  Good grief!

Honored Contributor

And here it is the full movie streaming online:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53yLh6A1CIY

Honored Contributor

Ultra high style San Francisco apartment.  Oh, I hope those who would love this film are not missing out.  These slightly lesser-known gems have so much to offer.

Brian Donlevy, so often the villain in mystery-suspense, displays here an endearing, sturdy masculinity and smarts (once he figures out he's been had).  Helen Walker was the brilliantly duplicitous psychiatrist in "Nightmare Alley" with Tyrone Power, and radiant Ella Raines the amateur detective out to save her boss in "Phantom Lady".  All top notch performers, plus fabulous Charles Coburn!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

They did ! Thought it was funny I thought What ? how could anything Oznell be posting draw the attention of the mod squad?

I used to be behind the Y&R thread. Always posting, always hunting for spoilers, it takes over your mind, time consuming and I got burned out and turned it over to another gal. 

I 'd wager same is happening to you. You love to help folks, but, it can be

exhausting. I have to watch myself posting too early I forget about political

correctness and apt to step in it. LOL

@Oznell 

Honored Contributor

Yeah, @SharkE, I was surprised at the quick service!  I notified them and moderator Wayne got it moved back to TV/Movies column, lickety split.  It's good to know that even that time of night, they're right on the job...

I consider your kind post here a "mercy post", ha, since I could not get even one person to respond on here to this movie.  Sometimes I feel like Eddie Muller does, all protective of my favorite, lesser-known film noirs, and thrilled when they get some love from the movie public!

Honored Contributor

Did anyone happen to notice? The character Charles Coburn played was called Detective Quincy?

Wonder if that is where they got the name for the TV show.

Honored Contributor

That he was, observant @drizzellla.  Hey, I'm glad you got to watch!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

That he was, observant @drizzellla.  Hey, I'm glad you got to watch!

I am glad I got to watch it too. I would have missed it, if not for you. I had seen the middle of that movie before. And today I missed the beginning but got to see the end. So when it is shown on June 10 maybe I will catch the beginning.

It was funny my husband was chopping at the bit to go to the grocery store to get chicken for the dog.  Glad I got to finish the movie.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Yeah, @SharkE, I was surprised at the quick service!  I notified them and moderator Wayne got it moved back to TV/Movies column, lickety split.  It's good to know that even that time of night, they're right on the job...

I consider your kind post here a "mercy post", ha, since I could not get even one person to respond on here to this movie.  Sometimes I feel like Eddie Muller does, all protective of my favorite, lesser-known film noirs, and thrilled when they get some love from the movie public!

you probably didn't even have to tell anybody they would had caught it

LOL