Honored Contributor

Re: "IMITATION OF LIFE" LANA TURNER, JUANITA MOORE SUNDAY 8:00 P.M. EASTERN TCM

@alicedee, my apologies for leaving Dan O'Herlihy's name off the credits.  I find him very interesting too.  You are incredibly privileged to have gotten such a letter from him-- he no doubt had the Irish gift for language!

Respected Contributor

One of my Mom’s favorite movies. We’d watch it together and I would cry and 😭. A real tear jerker.

I don’t think I could watch it without her- she’s gone

17 years.

Very lush production values. 

Respected Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

@alicedee, my apologies for leaving Dan O'Herlihy's name off the credits.  I find him very interesting too.  You are incredibly privileged to have gotten such a letter from him-- he no doubt had the Irish gift for language!

Oznell, it was a wonderful letter...I saved it!  He even included his phone number and said if we were ever out in California to call.  What a gentleman....and a truly fine actor.  I loved him in Robinson Crusoe and Failsafe, especially.  

Honored Contributor

What a great story, and he sounds like such a sweetheart, @alicedee.   He had such an authoritative presence-- loved him in "The Cabinet of Caligari" with Glynis Johns...

Esteemed Contributor

Have your tissues. This movie know matter how often I see it I bawl my guts out. I love love love this movie. Thanks so much @Oznell 

Honored Contributor

Count me as another weeping fan of this movie.  Not enough Kleenex for this gem.

Respected Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

What a great story, and he sounds like such a sweetheart, @alicedee.   He had such an authoritative presence-- loved him in "The Cabinet of Caligari" with Glynis Johns...

That was a creepy, but interesting movie!  I first saw him when I was just a kid when he played Kurt Russell’s father in the tv show The Travels Of Jaimie McPheeters.  

Honored Contributor

@Oznell   I recently watched this on the VHS that I recorded it on decades ago, and still enjoyed it very much.  Juanita Moore's role was so heart wrenching, her acting was remarkable.

Honored Contributor

So true, @mousiegirl, it was a deep, luminous performance, well-deserving of her Oscar nomination.

Trusted Contributor

Love this movie. I'm grateful that my mother introduced me to so many great movies that I otherwise wouldn't have watched when I was young. I have some beautiful memories of us watching together. Thanks for posting!