Honored Contributor

Re: "I Feel Bad" new show on tonight!

[ Edited ]

I watched the pilot On Demand and agree that the lead actress is unattractive.

She's an example of women no one wants to have as a co-worker. I've had the misfortune of working with one who brought her personal life to work, bothered everyone with her issues, managed her private life on the phone when she should have been doing what she was paid to do, and expected to have every holiday off because she had children.

I can't see it lasting more than one season, if that. 

Honored Contributor

I watched it, I kind of like to give most new shows a chance. I wasn't wowed by it, I don't think I'll continue to watch it as I have a lot of programming I'm going to DVR, this isn't a must see for me.

Respected Contributor

Well, lot's of varied opinions! The more I thought about the episode, the less happy I am with it. First, in this day and age, asking your staff if you are do-able? If that were a 40 yr. old male boss asking his 20 something female staff, he would be fired for sexual harrassment. Not any more realistic than her treating them all like her therapy group.

Her dad patting her butt because he thought she was her mother? Just icky, as was the repeat with her spouse and mother.

The obscene dance class? More over the top sexual stuff. I have no clue who the writers think their audience is, but they better adjust quickly or this will be gone in a week.

I think they have good actors, I have seen most of them before. It's the plot-lines they need to change, and now!

Almost sorry I suggested it be watched, but I am so desperate for anything new. 

Honored Contributor

The networks are desperate for something new but with years of programing, new isn't easy to come by. 

I think they're hoping to appeal to a younger, cruder, demographic. The ones who use the F word as an adjective, adverb, expletive, verb, noun, punctuation, and where "like" was used in the past.

Respected Contributor

Occasionalrain, you are probably right that that they are trying to grab the 20 somethings. Problem is, they don't watch tv anymore, and if they do, it's not this type of show.

Super Contributor

Not for me at all.   Watched 10 minutes and that was it.  

Respected Contributor

I watched both shows to give it a chance and to me just silly and not funny.  Another show about the overworked mother...did not like it at all and I love comedies.  

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thought it was pretty good and funny! They had 2 episodes on. I will continue to watch unless it goes downhill from here lol.  It seems like good comedies are so hard to find and there arent many good ones on tv.

Honored Contributor

The parts I found the funniest, were her comments about her feelings of needing a break or how she felt about being a mother.

I have heard my daughter say almost the exact same things. So I bet some of it at least has to be written by a mother!

It would be interesting to see of those who liked it, have children.

And those who disliked it, do not have children?

Or none of having children has anything to do with liking it or not?

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@Desi@on the bay@OhioAngel@chiclet@doolie@occasionalrain

Watched last night and this is the first tv laugh I have had in a long time.

Almost everything that happened has happened in our family (to a much lesser extent).

For instance, 

DSIL walked across the house and I was in my underwear! (Well, had on pants and donning my tee.)

He was obviously mortified; (we can’t UNSEE certain things but would like to).

Well, in that case DD and DH had come into our room leaving the door open and I was trying to tell them to keep the door closed. 😳

I know DD has a friend who owns a huge, beautiful house and doesn’t need to work. I also know she has a mom (me) who in no way wants to look like her mother.

DD often feels the pressures that the mom on the show feels.

My opinion is that the mom on the show is adorable!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~