Respected Contributor

I enjoyed it very much. 

Dylan McDermott, Patti Lupone and Holland Taylor were the best. Nice to see Rob Reiner, too.

As much as I love Jim Parsons, everytime he opened his mouth all I heard was Sheldon speaking. 

And I agree with the others about the actor who played Rock Hudson. He was terrible .... so wooden.

Contributor
Agree about Jim Parsons. I couldn’t not see and hear Sheldon Cooper. I think he will always be Sheldon.
Trusted Contributor

Agree, about Parsons. The character he was "attempting" to portray, awful acting. 

⚓️
Honored Contributor

I enjoyed the casting of McDermott and Holland Taylor, I remembver them both from The Practice, He was a lawyer and she was a very man hungry judge. 

Respected Contributor

Re: "Hollywood" on Netflix

[ Edited ]

@lovesallanimals wrote:

jackthebear:  Yes!  Thank you.  Richard Chamberlain who only came out a few years ago.  From what I read he has a loving partner for many years and lives in Hawaii.  

It was widely reported that he was gay over thirty years ago, just a couple of years after The Thorn Birds came out.  I remember watching the white suit beach scene with Meggie about that time and thinking he is an amazing actor.  He is 86 now.  💓

Respected Contributor

@lovesallanimals wrote:

jackthebear:  Yes!  Thank you.  Richard Chamberlain who only came out a few years ago.  From what I read he has a loving partner for many years and lives in Hawaii.  

Not anymore.  He doesn't live in Hawaii, and they are no longer together.

Respected Contributor

Well i may be alone here I didn't like it.  I thought it was a self indulgent Ryan Murphy production.  The notion that Hollywood could have fixed itself at that time just like that and thus fix the world is ridiculous.  The graphic sex was not necessary.  Portraying Rock Hudson as a dumber than dirt person and worse actor was not necessary and just mean.  Interesting he took on homosexuality, and, asian and african american inclusion but not the female casting couch.  The writing seemed cobbled together.  But for Holland Taylor, Patti Lupone and McDermott and the guy who played Richard it would have been a complete waste.  

Honored Contributor

I loved the actor who played Richard Samuels, he is Joe Mantello, also a Broadway director, he directed the original production of Wicked on Broadway, won a Tony. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I loved the actor who played Richard Samuels, he is Joe Mantello, also a Broadway director, he directed the original production of Wicked on Broadway, won a Tony. 

He was wonderful.  

Respected Contributor

I finished watching it.  And then then I read an article where it said that Ryan Murphy wanted to give all the characters a happy ending.  So I guess I just didn't get the point of writing the story that way when that wasn't what happened.