Honored Contributor

"HYSTERIA" ENGLISH THRILLER TUESDAY 10:00 A.M. EASTERN TCM

[ Edited ]

Hysteria-19652-e1602574568511.png

10:00 a.m. Eastern--   "Hysteria"  Robert Webber, Leila Goldoni, Anthony Newlands, Jennifer Jayne, Maurice Denham

I try to alert this every time, but it's not for everyone.  For those who love a "minor" British thriller, with an accent on the "swingin' London" of the mid-sixties, it's a fun diversion.   Just don't expect Hitchcock, despite the one word title!

Journeyman American actor Robert Webber ("12 Angry Men", "The Dirty Dozen",  "The Sandpiper") is a baffled American in this, who finds himself in a British hospital after an accident, and is experiencing total amnesia.  (Oh, I'm also a sucker for 'amnesia' stories.)

Anyway, someone mysteriously and anonymously gives him a posh flat to recover in, and of course, a swanky woman and murder hover on the horizon....

Robert Webber is very personable, as usual.

tMgKIrIomOshDtQmODCR32Smnjw.jpg 

Valued Contributor

Re: "HYSTERIA" ENGLISH THRILLER TUESDAY 10:00 A.M. EASTERN TCM

Thanks, @Oznell. I can't believe I've never heard of this one. Or maybe I just forgot about it.  I might be able to watch this while it's on, but I've DVR'd it just in case. Depends on the ice we might get, but I'll be out walking if the weather holds up. 

Honored Contributor

You're a good woman, @Ruby Laine , to keep up with your walking!   Do watch out for ice (if you get it in your area), I do believe it's going to be a bit messy in some parts of the country.  And if you watch movie, enjoy!

Trusted Contributor

Reminds me that my Comcast lineup no longer includes TCM which really ticks me off.  I decided I am not going to pay extra for another channel which I used to have but I will say that TCM has some great offerings.  Enjoy - I would be watching this one if not for that (bleep) Comcast.

Honored Contributor

@naturalfan,  so sorry you lost the channel-- I can't believe Comcast continues this injustice to their subscribers...