Honored Contributor

Re: "HUMORESQUE" JOAN CRAWFORD JOHN GARFIELD TUESDAY 8:00 P.M. EASTERN TCM

I just read this post and missed the movie but will look for it as it will be on again.  I enjoyed all the comments on Levant and I too remember him and his sense of humor..  I have seen him in movies and always enjoyed his contributions to the film!!  Garfield was a handsome actor in my opinion..  He played rebel roles often and I loved him in The Postman Rings Twice.  

It was enjoyable reading the posts and comments about Levant.  I think giving him some movie time on TCM is a bonus for the movie fans.

Honored Contributor

Re: "HUMORESQUE" JOAN CRAWFORD JOHN GARFIELD TUESDAY 8:00 P.M. EASTERN TCM

Exactly, @Shelbelle, that's what I meant in saying that--  it sounded just like what each, Crawford, Davis and Levant, would do, according to their personalities.  I should have said "each one" so it would be clearer that I was including Oscar too...

Spot on, @spiderw..  If you keep an eye out for that short interview Oscar Levant gave in '58, that TCM played after the movie, I think you'd enjoy it immensely.  As @Shelbelle said, it seemed very revealing of him and what he was going through at the time...