Valued Contributor

Re: "HOLIDAY INN" BING CROSBY, FRED ASTAIRE, MARJORIE REYNOLDS SUNDAY 10:00 P.M. EASTERN S

@drizzellla wrote:

@vsm wrote:

@cimeranrose wrote:

I wish Marjorie Reynolds would have done more well known movies - I really enjoyed her in "Holiday Inn." And that beautiful and charming Holiday Inn in Connecticut - that place and the house in "Christmas in Connecticut" are some of my favorite houses in fims.

The storyline, music and dancing make "Holiday Inn" one of my favorite Christmas movies to watch every year.

I loved Marjorie on TV in The Life of Riley (starring Wm. Bendix), where she played Peg , Riley's wife.  She looked quite different by then (had black hair and was a bit curvier -- Riley called her "Dumplin'")!

I did not know that. I do not remember much about the TV show, except that William Bendix starred in it. Now I want to ry any find an episode or two - if I can.

-----

Riley dvd

https://www.oldies.com

Honored Contributor

Re: "HOLIDAY INN" BING CROSBY, FRED ASTAIRE, MARJORIE REYNOLDS SUNDAY 10:00 P.M. EASTERN S

That is why I liked Decades TV. Every weekday they had Lucy, Our Miss Brooks, I Married Joan, Mary Tyler Moore, Bob Newhart.

And we lost Decades TV station on our cable. Sometimes I try and watch Jack Benny (last night Jimmy Stewart and Gloria were on) and Burns and Allen. But they are on at 2 or 3 AM.

Highlands72 - thanks for showing me that Life of Riley is out there.

Honored Contributor

Darn it.  I missed it.  I hope they show it again.