Honored Contributor

"HIGH ANXIETY" MEL BROOKS, CLORIS LEACHMAN FRIDAY 11:20 A.M. EASTERN FOX MOVIE CHANNEL

highanxiety1977.77964_052920140344.jpg

11:20 a.m. Eastern Friday Fox Movie Channel   "High Anxiety"  Mel Brooks, Madeline Kahn, Harvey Korman, Cloris Leachman, D i c k Van Patten

Hilarious Mel Brooks takes on Hitchcock and classic film noir.  As noted authority "Dr. Richard Thorndyke", he gets sucked into a Hitchcockian vortex of mystery and mayhem that he must analyze and quell.   The laughs just keep on coming in this one, my favorite Mel Brooks outing ever.  The sight gags alone are hysterical!   Fabulous cast having way too much fun.

higha7.png 

Trusted Contributor

Re: "HIGH ANXIETY" MEL BROOKS, CLORIS LEACHMAN FRIDAY 11:20 A.M. EASTERN FOX MOVIE CHANNEL

I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!! That scene in the airport when Mel Brooks and Madelyn Kahn are trying to get through security has me in tears from laughing so hard! Unfortunately, it's on when I have to do my Meals on Wheels route, so I'll miss it. 😔 The next showing is at 3:20 AM on Saturday. Hopefully they'll have it on again soon at a more reasonable hour.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: "HIGH ANXIETY" MEL BROOKS, CLORIS LEACHMAN FRIDAY 11:20 A.M. EASTERN FOX MOVIE CHANNEL

@Oznell  One of my favorites! I can't watch most of Hitchcock with a straight face since this movie came out! And what a talented cast!

Esteemed Contributor

Although I don't remember much about the movie, just the title brings back great memories as me and 2 or 3 of my best friends from high school went to go see it in the theater when it came out.  We are all still great friends today.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

That's super to have long-term pals that you've shared these fun experiences with, @shoptilyadropagain !