Respected Contributor

Re: "HAUNTED BY MURDER" NEW AURORA TEAGARDEN MYSTERY TONIGHT

[ Edited ]

I watched but didn't think this was one of her best HMM movies. 

Esteemed Contributor

@elated wrote:

This series is not my favorite. Tonight was a real yawner. It goes back and forth so much it didn't make sense. They cancelled so many good series, i.e. Gourmet Detective; Hailey Dean Mysteries and Garage Sale Mystery. Too bad they just couldn't replace Lori Loughlin and continue Garage Sale Mystery. They had Darrow and Darrow which was ok.

@elated I agree with the ones you mentioned and add my favorite Mystery 101 with Jill Wagner. Actually I enjoyed most series but the new one, Cut, Curl Murder was awful IMO

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thought it was fun. No trouble following along. Patted myself on the back for catching the first clue.
I like a good beard. I bet he was proud of it.

I loved seeing Linda Boyd as the neighbor with (perhaps) dementia. What a contrast to her lively, bouncy role in the delightful Republic of Doyle (now on AcornTV)!

The daughters really captured the essence of their moms' characters, too.

Looking forward to the next one.

Linda Doyle

9C95B977-AC2A-4FA4-8544-D077FE2E0F19.jpeg

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

I honestly kept googling to make sure her husband was the same guy. I thought he was recast.
Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:
I honestly kept googling to make sure her husband was the same guy. I thought he was recast.

@Alter Ego  He did look very different, both hair and beard.

@mspatmac  No, I hadn't noticed she wasn't kissing him.

Honored Contributor

@Glitter51 wrote:

can someone tell me who the killer was??? I fell asleep. TIA.

Yes please will someone? I fell asleep with only about 15 min left so I just missed the reveal. 

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Alter Ego wrote:

Was it the same guy playing her husband?  It looked like a different guy to me.  I looked at his face and the way he walked.  

Esteemed Contributor

Frankly I spent more time trying to decide if Nick's hair and beard were real or not and couldn't focus on the movie, itself!  😃

Honored Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Alter Ego wrote:

Was it the same guy playing her husband?  It looked like a different guy to me.  I looked at his face and the way he walked.  

@KatieB  Same guy, Niall Matter.

Esteemed Contributor

@KatieB  SAME GUY!!  I know - I was so certain it was someone new.  Apparently that's all anyone was tweeting about.  Not many people liked it and nobody knows if it was for a different role or not (when I looked a few hours ago, Naill Matter hadn't commented about it.) 

I too admit to being distracted trying to figure him out. I honestly don't recall - as far as I know, there wasn't a "new" murder and the investigations focused on the prior deaths (I also didn't see who was found in the shed.) Did I completely miss something huge??  

All I remember was...

Spoiler
the daughter of the neighbor was digging for the $$ that her father (I think) stole. I think the father was the murderer.   I don't think the daughter killed anyone, which made the ending a little extreme to me with her fighting with Ro and the lumberjack. Then the police came and really treated her like a hardened criminal vs someone who was just digging in a neighbor's yard, so I honestly don't know what I missed!  LOL I thought I was paying attention too. 🤷‍♀️