Honored Contributor

Re: "HAUNTED BY MURDER" NEW AURORA TEAGARDEN MYSTERY TONIGHT

[ Edited ]

I wish Aurora hadn't changed her last name to Miller when she got married. But keeping her own last name was probably too progresdive for Hallmark.

This movie repeats Tuesday, 5pm ET, so if I'm home I'll turn on the las 15 min to see who the murder is. No way I'd watch the whole thing again.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

BREAKING NEWS!! Candace Cameron Bure explained the beard situation:

I need to give you the beard scoop, because many of you don’t even believe it’s Niall. You’re like, ‘Why does Aurora have a new husband? Where’s Nick? ‘ I assure you, it’s Niall Matter. And the beard wasn’t really the original plan, but Niall cut his face off to build something in his garage just days before we started filming. And he got a big wound on his lip and chin and needed 25 or 28 stitches. He’s fine but it sucks. So instead of having a grimace for the whole movie, he decided to grow his beard – the kind that grows very, very quickly.

And, it covers the stitches and all that but it’s… It’s a hairy situation.

**edited to add...doesn't explain the hair.  He either keeps it long between movies or it was a wig to go along with the beard.  Can't imagine his hair would grow as quickly??

Respected Contributor

I like not too scary haunted house movies. I enjoyed this for the most part but like others, not really sure who was involved in the theft and why exactly who murdered who. I'm really relieved that I'm not the only one left wondering because I was beginning to think something was wrong with my brain! I am still flummoxed by who is related to whom in the last two Hallmark Wedding Veil movies and now this! At least they are new, not complaining,

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee   I'm like you, there's no way I would watch the movie over again.  I really didn't like it very much.

Honored Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

@Pearlee   I'm like you, there's no way I would watch the movie over again.  I really didn't like it very much.

@KatieB  As opposed to the Garage Sale ones, which I've watched over and over again. 

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie   There is a thread already. This one.

Honored Contributor

I'm copying this from the other thread, which was apparently at the top of the page when I opted to post. Didn't realize there were two threads...

This series has always been not a great deal more than merely 'watchable' for me.  Hallmark, unfortunately, usually means shows that are occasionally pleasant, rarely offensive if often mediocre. The Teagarden mysteries have now been around for a while and, for me, have worn thin, with every episode beginning to seem a bit too similar. I also don't think the series ever benefited from great casting, to include some of the more recent casting, notably Niall Matter as her love interest. Although the movies have never been completely faithful to the books, I found I enjoyed the shows more before they diverged so markedly from the books, and now that they essentially are on their own, with little to no relationship to the original mystery series of books, they seem increasingly to be trying too hard.

I'd add, I recommend reading the books for those interested. They're great fun and different enough from the movies to make them enjoyable. The books take place in the south, the character development is a bit different, as are Roe's relationships. In the books, she married Martin, but it doesn't last long (but I won't give away what happens), she then marries Robin, the novelist, and has a child. Her mother is also a good bit different than portrayed and I recall her half brother being a good bit younger. I'm not even sure I recall there being a 'Nick' character, but if there was, it wasn't a major character.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee ................I guess I need to get my eyes examined.  I hunted yesterday and this morning for a thread on this and did not see it.Woman Frustrated  Thanks for directing me to it.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@stevieb ..............I did not know about this thread until now either.

Honored Contributor

Sorry everyone for the 2nd post on this.  Evidently I need to sharpen my sleuthing skills.

I am copying my other post for here.

‎02-22-2022 09:48 AM

Im not real sure why but I do like The Aurora Teagarden Mystery Series.  Watched the season premere movie.  It was just ok, not as spooky as I thought it would be.

Same ugly hair/wig/extensions on Aurora, and her mom Aida (Marilou Henner) still the same old hair on her too.

The worse thing to me was whatever they did to poor Aurora's husband, fake beard, big bushy eyebrows, I did not recognise him and thought they had a new actor playing Prof Miller.  But its the same Niall Matter.

I am also sorry that Manda Frigon as Lynn Smith will not be on anymore.

But they did keep Sally the same, she is my favorite and I still enjoyed the show.