Regular Contributor

Re: "Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society"

Esme - Re: Netlfix morphing...I just meant that when they started their business, it was DVDs by mail.  Now, they have exploded into streaming and their focus is a little too "out there" in content for me.  The 13 reasons why show, some graphic, very adult content.  Just saying that have changed.

Apparently they bought the rights to Guernsey and even though it was shown all around the world, we can't get it unless you subscribe to Netflix.  Unless/until it is released in a US compatible DVD.

Respected Contributor

Re: "Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society"

@SewHappy2 wrote:

Sabatini- You are right...books don't always translate well to movies.  I am such a fan of the period dramas that are popular now, so I am hoping that they have done the book justice.  

Sad that this was the only book by the author.

So am I.

What was interesting is that back when I read it, the writing, and somewhat the characters, seemed to feel different about 3 quarters of the way through.

I just chalked it up to the book winding down.

It wasn't until much later that I read that the author had died before finishing the book, so another writer had taken over.

I so wish that the author had been able to finish it herself....but I still loved the book!

Muddling through...