Honored Contributor

Episode 1 was enough for me.  Show is no longer on my radar. Thumbs down.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Episode 1 was enough for me.  Show is no longer on my radar. Thumbs down.gif

______

Aw, shucks @Mz iMac.   Smiley Wink Are you sure you want to give up so early?  You were  great at keeping us abreast on what's what with your bullet-point plot presentation.  

Honored Contributor

@jpie 837514213.gif

I may peep from time to time on a slow weekend on On Demand.  If I do, you can bet you'll get more "bullet-point" plots from me. Smiley LOL

The only characters I enjoyed on the show are the competing w/ each other twins.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@jpie 837514213.gif

I may peep from time to time on a slow weekend on On Demand.  If I do, you can bet you'll get more "bullet-point" plots from me. Smiley LOL

The only characters I enjoyed on the show are the competing w/ each other twins.

____

Cool, your posts are always good ones!  

Honored Contributor

I still haven't checked this show out.  I already check out so many shows......

It sounds like many of you (who I respect as far as 'what to watch') seems to say.....'forget about it'.

Honored Contributor

Oh kwap ..... I set the DVR after the first episode had already run .....

Honored Contributor

I love this show more with each episode that airs. I am looking forward to Eva Longoria's appearance as the dead first wife of the hotel owner.  I haven't read any sites that clarify whether she'll be a ghost or seen in flashbacks.  Either way, it'll be interesting. She'll be in the July 1 episode.

I did read that the iconic Fontainebleau Hotel in Miami Beach is the "stand-in" for the Grand Hotel.  Opening scenes were shot there, while later scenes were done on a recreated Hollywood sound stage.

The characters and the sub-plots make the show fascinating.

Image result for grand hotel eva longoria

From an article in the 4/5/18 South Florida Sun-Sentinal by Johnny Diaz:

"I was obsessed with the Spanish one," Longoria said over the phone from Mexico this week. "I thought it was so good. I want to make this in English."

The original soapy drama, which has been described as a "Spanish Downton Abbey," followed the mysteries of the owners of a hotel and their servants during the reign of Spanish King Alfonso XIII. That series ran for 39 episodes from 2011-13 in Spain.

Longoria's version takes place in modern day Miami Beach.

"Our story is about the last family-owned hotel in Miami Beach. It's a fictional story," said Longoria, a part-time Miami Beach resident with her husband Jose "Pepe" Baston. The couple are expecting their first child together.

Eva Longoria dishes about ABC pilot 'Grand Hotel' filmed at Fontainebleau Miami Beach

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I guess I set my DVR to record the series.  There was nothing on last night so DH and I watched it.

I didn't think it could get worse than the first episode but it definitely did. The acting is horrendous.  At one point I asked DH if the show was supposed to be a comedy, it's so silly.    

Honored Contributor

I was watching last night, and the woman playing Sky looked so familiar to me. It then dawns on me she is Arielle Kebbel, Olivia from Midnight, Texas. 

Respected Contributor

I have DVRd all the episodes so far and will watch a few at a time.  Plan to do that the first day it rains and I am stuck indoors.  I hate waiting a week for any show so I always tape and watch a few episodes one after the other.  It is so much fun this way.  Just watched the last 2 episodes together of Claws and it was great!