Honored Contributor

Re: "Glee" Star Naya Rivera Presumed Drowned

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@J Town Girl 

The toddler told police that he and his mother jumped in for a swim, but she never came back up, so he climbed back up onto the boat to wait for her and he fell asleep.

😥

Honored Contributor

@debfau wrote:

I actually read that it was the Owner of the Boat Rental that found her son, Naya was late in returning the boat and he went to the lake to check on her and that is when he found the child alone on the boat and called authorities.

@debfau 

All of the many articles I've read said that other boaters noticed the boat drifting and as they got closer they noticed the boy asleep and notified the rental boat owner, who called police.

As usual with newly 'breaking' news stories, the whole truth will come out eventually.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

This whole story is just so sad. Thank goodness the little one had a life preserver on or he too may have drowned.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@freakygirl 

I can't imagine that any mother would take their 4 year old with them for a 'suicide mission' by drowning, if that's what you're implying, leaving the 4 year old drifting alone on the boat.

They were the only 2 in the boat.

I agree. She probably slipped...hit her head....or got inthe water and just could not get back into the boat.  Got tired, cold.....

Honored Contributor

Speculation is just that -- mere speculation not fact.
Respected Contributor

Such a beautiful woman.  I read she visited the lake often and would usually swim, in spite of it not being safe, for multiple reasons. What she was wearing may be telling.  

If fully clothed, I can't see her just jumping in. That would be weird, maybe indicating something atypical going on. If in a swimsuit, it's likely she was just swimming, from her visit history.

Either way, I could never leave a 4 year old in a boat, while I went for a swim, even in a very safe area. No way. Thank heaven her son didn't try to jump in the water to find mommy.  So sad.  

Valued Contributor

@BlueFinch wrote:

Such a beautiful woman.  I read she visited the lake often and would usually swim, in spite of it not being safe, for multiple reasons. What she was wearing may be telling.  

If fully clothed, I can't see her just jumping in. That would be weird, maybe indicating something atypical going on. If in a swimsuit, it's likely she was just swimming, from her visit history.

Either way, I could never leave a 4 year old in a boat, while I went for a swim, even in a very safe area. No way. Thank heaven her son didn't try to jump in the water to find mommy.  So sad.  

From what I have read, they were both in the water swimming and she didn't return to boat, the boy was able to get back in the boat and eventually fell asleep while waiting for her.

Esteemed Contributor

There are a lot of trees under the water.  People have gotten snagged on them in other lakes and drowned.  

Esteemed Contributor

I read that they may never to find her body due the depth, trees and branches under the water. Something does not make sense with this story. I think something is being held back from the public.

Honored Contributor

The name of the Eminem song is Just the Two of Us, which is what she posted the day before on Instagram.

The song is about a father who drowns the kid's mother.

Read the lyrics.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN