Respected Contributor

Re: "Glee" Star Naya Rivera Presumed Drowned

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@freakygirl 

I can't imagine that any mother would take their 4 year old with them for a 'suicide mission' by drowning, if that's what you're implying, leaving the 4 year old drifting alone on the boat.

They were the only 2 in the boat.

Well, try to imagine a mother drowning their own kids and all the other horrors we've heard parents inflict on their children. Most recently Ms. Vallow.........

Esteemed Contributor

Lakes can be very dangerous.  It sounds like a tragic accident.  Never swim alone and without a lifeguard.  I know she was on a boat (no lifeguard) but her life vest was left in the boat.  

Respected Contributor

The son said his mom jumped in the lake so she simply could have lost her balance or jumped in to retrieve an item she dropped overboard....it's sad & I hope investigators can figure out what happened for her family. My husband drowned alone, it's been a struggle not knowing what happened.

Respected Contributor

This is such a sad story.   What I'm not understanding is why would she have jumped into the water while her young son was alone on the boat.   Did she jump in for something or was she just going to swim around for a short time?   Or did she fall in by accident?

Unfortunately we will never know the reason.  Her son is too young to understand or even remember what happened.   

What a blessing that he was discovered by another boater.    A four year old alone on a boat out on a lake is such a frightening thought. He could have so easily fallen off of the boat and into the lake.    The article said he was sleeping when they found him.   That was such a fortunate thing as it kept him from wandering around on the boat.  

I'm so relieved that he still has his Dad to raise him.   So many times we hear of children losing both parents at the same time.   

Honored Contributor

@J Town Girl 

The toddler told police that he and his mother jumped in for a swim, but she never came back up, so he climbed back up onto the boat to wait for her and he fell asleep.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

No matter how famous or popular a person may be, he/she is never immune to the pressures of the human experience of life.

It is unbelievably sad that this actress chose suicide rather than seek professional assistance for her problems.

It is said that her last photo of herself and her son featured a line from a song that tells about a mother drowning in a lake.

People should reach out to others and check in on them if they know they are having mental difficulties.

I hope the little boy and the family receive the love and support needed to help them continue to be healthy and strong.

My heartfelt condolences.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

This tragic story is heartbreaking!💔😥 Regardless of the specifics of this case, that poor baby's last memories of his mother are of her not returning to him. My heart is aching , because I can only imagine how frightening that must have been. The fact that he drifted off to sleep, is somewhat comforting to read.😞

I pray that he is surrounded by a supportive and loving family, as he begins to process this forever life-altering event, as best as his young mind can. I just wish I could give him a hug of solace.🙏🙏❤❤

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper 

There has been no indication or claim that this was a suicide at all and the last photo she posted in the one above of her and her son posted the day before the accident (7/7/2020).

About a month ago she was said to post on IG about a song by Eminem about a mother drowning, but so far that's unsubstantiated.

It's a shame that some people (not meaning you) want to spread harmful, unproven rumors, but that's the way some people are.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

I actually read that it was the Owner of the Boat Rental that found her son, Naya was late in returning the boat and he went to the lake to check on her and that is when he found the child alone on the boat and called authorities.

Respected Contributor

Terribly, awfully, sad, just so sad for her whole family and all those who loved her dearly.

Very sad day for them.