Honored Contributor

"Geostorm"--- A Fairly Satisfying Weather and Outer Space Disaster Movie

We saw it this weekend.  Gerard Butler is a grumpy technological genius who conceived a system of satellites called "Dutchboy" that can actually control weather all around the world.  Then Dutchboy goes rogue, and crazy things start happening, like a sweltering Afghan village suddenly plunges freakishly in temperature, freezing all the villagers into human ice sculptures in a split second.  Giant waves start toppling skyscrapers in Dubai, and on and on.

Butler has to lead an international team at the space station in investigating the mystery.

His bureaucrat brother in D.C., and the brother's Secret Service girlfriend, Abbie Cornish, are helping on the ground with the political end...

Fun and suspenseful, if you are in the mood for this kind of flick.  We're always on the lookout for movies that aren't offensive that we can take teenagers to, but we found we enjoyed this too!

Trusted Contributor

Re: "Geostorm"--- A Fairly Satisfying Weather and Outer Space Disaster Movie

My kind of movie! Plus, Gerard Butler? Well yeah!

Thanks for posting.

Honored Contributor

We saw it last week and enjoyed the movie. The strange weather phenomena scenes were the best part for me, while my DH liked the space stuff.

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell

Thanks for the review. I was planning to go and catch a matinee of this movie today. I love these types of movies.