Valued Contributor

"Four Daughters" 9AM Wed. on TCM

Delightful 1938 movie with Claude Rains as the father of 4 daughters. Three of the actresses in the movie were sisters in real life - Priscilla Lane, Lola Lane, and Rosemary Lane. Jeffrey Lynn is the handsome and charming young man who is adored by all 4 sisters - who will he end up with, or, will he end up with any of them? A young John Garfield is the one who puts an unfortunate hiccup in one of the love stories.

After I saw this movie for the first time a few years ago, I became a fan of Priscilla Lane. These days she's probably considered a forgotten actress but she was in a few good movies you might recognize. She starred with in "The Roaring Twenties" with James Cagney;  Alfred Hitchcock's "Saboteur"; and "Arsenic and Old Lace" with Cary Grant. She retired from acting in the late 40's to be with her Air Force husband and raise their 4 children.

Honored Contributor

Re: "Four Daughters" 9AM Wed. on TCM

I always enjoy watching Jeffrey Lynn. In fact I think it was Four Daughters where I first saw him.

Honored Contributor

Re: "Four Daughters" 9AM Wed. on TCM

This is a good one. I can still hear John Garfield talking about 'the fates'. He was so good. In anything. Love Priscilla Lane. Quite a household in this movie.