Esteemed Contributor

Re: "Ferris Bueller's Day Off"

Ferris and "The Jerk" - two of my favorite movies.

Steve Martin - "you mean I'm always gonna be this color?????" upon finding out he isn't their bio child - but he was adopted.....  LOL  

Honored Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

Love John Hughes movies. My high school/college days 

A VCR, satellite dish, and John Hughes made going through my son's first three years more bearable.  Stay at home Mom and living way way out in the country.  I probably could quote every line from his movies!!  When my son was two he would sit and watch 16 Candles all the way through without getting up, every day if I let him.  Sometimes I did.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I loved that movie. Loved them all-The Breakfast Club, Pretty In Pink, and more in the 80's.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

@SloopJohnB :  Fun fact: my classmate, Ben Stein, played the teacher who said that line.  I'm sure he remembers some of the same boring instructors as I.

Respected Contributor

@patbz wrote:

@SloopJohnB :  Fun fact: my classmate, Ben Stein, played the teacher who said that line.  I'm sure he remembers some of the same boring instructors as I.

@patbz  OMG, how cool is that!  🤓

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw One of my favorite lines is when Ferris comes out of the shower with his head wrapped in a towel. He looks into the camera and says "I could be the walrus but I still wouldn't have a car." Makes me LOL every time.

Esteemed Contributor

I loved my 80's movies. Ferris Bueller's Day off was quite amusing. I was flipping through the channels the other night and stayed up late to watch War Games. 

Honored Contributor

I also loved Jennifer Gray/Grey ? in that movie!

Honored Contributor

Very good and funny movieSmiley Happy