Honored Contributor

"EXECUTIVE SUITE" SATURDAY 6:00 P.M. EASTERN TCM

Executive-Suite-bw-still-1640-27.jpg

Not the first time I've alerted this classic, but Saturday is "Nina Foch Day" on TCM's 'Summer Under the Stars'. 

Nice that there's a day to honor her excellent work!  She's fab in a small but potent role in this classic, winning a Best Supporting Actress Oscar for her portrayal.   Add in Stanwyck and Holden, pow!   Airs at 6:00 p.m. Eastern.

But, if you like Nina Foch, consider these other goodies too:

10:15 p.m. Eastern--  "My Name is Julia Ross"   Nina Foch, Dame May Whitty, George Macready

A young woman (Foch), who becomes secretary to a rich matron (Whitty), finds herself an object of fascination to her employer's son (George Macready, in another of his deliciously ominous performances).  Suspenseful chiller.

11:30 p.m. Eastern--  "Illegal"  Edward G. Robinson, Nina Foch, Hugh Marlowe, Jayne Mansfield

Fascinating. complex noir in which brilliant but flawed ex-D.A. Robinson, becomes a defense lawyer, and ends up defending a close friend, who may have loved him (Nina Foch) against a murder charge.  Twists and turns, and superior acting!  

Respected Contributor

Re: "EXECUTIVE SUITE" SATURDAY 6:00 P.M. EASTERN TCM

Nina Foch was James Lipton's first wife!

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell  - Thanks so much for the alert.  I know I have told you before that I love this movie, especially since the opening scenes were filmed on Wall Street.

Great cast and 1950's era settings!

Respected Contributor

I really like this movie and will be watching. Good conflict, good character development.