Honored Contributor

"DRAGONWYCK" VINCENT PRICE GENE TIERNEY MONDAY FOX MOVIE CHANNEL 9:35 A.M. EASTERN

9:35 a.m. Eastern-- "Dragonwyck"  Gene Tierney, Vincent Price, Walter Huston, Glenn Langan, Spring Byington, Jessica Tandy

Amid the other frequently-aired melodramas on Fox Movie Channel on Monday, is this less well-known "Gothic" mystery, chock full of high-power acting talent.

Gene Tierney is a farm girl in the Hudson Valley, who yearns for romance and intrigue.  That arrives in the form of wealthy landowner (Vincent Price), owner of "Dragonwyck Manor", who wants to hire her as governess to his daughter.  Her father (Walter Huston) is doubtful, but she is allowed to go.  Only then does she begin to discover the mysteries and secrets of the estate and her enigmatic employer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLdWNLQX8QE

Gene Tierney's wistful loveliness is well-showcased in this period classic, and Vincent Price is perfectly cast. 

Honored Contributor

Re: "DRAGONWYCK" VINCENT PRICE GENE TIERNEY MONDAY FOX MOVIE CHANNEL 9:35 A.M. EASTERN

I bought that. Good movie Price is the Best ! Adore him.

Honored Contributor

Re: "DRAGONWYCK" VINCENT PRICE GENE TIERNEY MONDAY FOX MOVIE CHANNEL 9:35 A.M. EASTERN

I think I have seen this movie years ago but it sounds like it deserves another look!!! I just put it on my DVR, thanks for the heads up!!!!!

Honored Contributor

that is a great movie

and read the book 

Honored Contributor

Oh, great suggestion, @jackthebear -- I haven't read it.  Wasn't the novel by someone well-known, like Anya Seton?

No doubt it's a great read!

Respected Contributor

Dragonwyck is a good movie.  Gene Tierney is a favorite of mine.

Respected Contributor

Thanks, @Oznell .  It's been a while since I've seen this one.  I set it up to tape.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Oh, great suggestion, @jackthebear -- I haven't read it.  Wasn't the novel by someone well-known, like Anya Seton?

No doubt it's a great read!

pretty sure it is. early here so without looking up saying yes

I live in North Jersey so the history and geography of the Hudson Valley is known to me so I found it even more interesting