Honored Contributor

Re: "DIAL 'M' FOR MURDER" GRACE KELLY, RAY MILLAND SATURDAY 8:00 P.M. EASTERN TCM

I kinda like "A Perfect Murder".

"That's not happiness to see me."

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

Re: "DIAL 'M' FOR MURDER" GRACE KELLY, RAY MILLAND SATURDAY 8:00 P.M. EASTERN TCM

I just noticed this was going to be on tonight and was going to post.

One of Hitchcock's goodies.  Love Milland in this!

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee  I agree.  Always thought his actions were kind of suspicious!  Loved Crenna in this role and of course Arkin, a very much underrated actor.

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 That film isn't bad,but not nearly as great as the original IMO.
Honored Contributor

Oh, yeah, @Group 5 minus 1 ,  David Suchet was the bright spot of "A Perfect Murder".   He was still a detective, but so different from his Poirot character and so convincing.  Those black eyes of his just sparkled with an actor's keen intelligence and feeling for the character...

Honored Contributor

On TCM, Dave Karger has been hosting this afternoon, up until now which is prime time I guess.  I quite like him, he's got the film buff "glint" in his eye, even though he's low key, and I wish they'd give him an expanded prime time role....  Him and good ol' Eddie!

Honored Contributor

LOL Am watching now. The good old rotary phone...I didn't want to give mine up. And the film's title is so archaic - we don't dial phones any more.

And best wishes to Grace's son, Prince Albert of Monoco, in quarantine with the virus.
Honored Contributor

Yeah, but "Punch 'M" for Murder' just doesn't have the same oomph for me, ha.

Grace Kelly looked so fabulous in that red lace dress.  I am not quite as enthralled with her as so many fans are, but she had an excellent dialog coach (or whatever you call them) for this-- I think her plummy English accent is quite good.  Plus she probably had a good ear.

Esteemed Contributor

Just saw this Post and tuned in.  Missed a few minutes, but that´s ok. I have seen this movie so many times. I also have the DVD. I´m glad I didn´t miss it. Thanks for mentioning it.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell. 😄 Punch M for Murder. 😄