Honored Contributor

Re: ReDAYS OF WINE AND ROSES" JACK LEMMON, LEE REMICK SUNDAY 11:15 A.M. EASTERN TCM

@just bee wrote:

@Moonlady wrote:

A good movie which shows up on every "depressing films" list lol.

What I remember most about it was how he, already an alcoholic when he met Lee Remick's character, was the one who enticed her, a teetotaler, to drink. Then when he finally got sober, she couldn't quit.

@Moonlady 

All it took was a Brandy Alexander...

Great film.  Wish I could watch it again but I have Comcast. Woman Mad

I am right with you, not poaying 10 more per month for TCM when the movies are great, but they keep repeating same ones over and over.  Now we do have Screen Pix, no commercials, but no movies older than 1960

Honored Contributor

Re: ReDAYS OF WINE AND ROSES" JACK LEMMON, LEE REMICK SUNDAY 11:15 A.M. EASTERN TCM

@Shelbelle wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Moonlady wrote:

A good movie which shows up on every "depressing films" list lol.

What I remember most about it was how he, already an alcoholic when he met Lee Remick's character, was the one who enticed her, a teetotaler, to drink. Then when he finally got sober, she couldn't quit.

@Moonlady 

All it took was a Brandy Alexander...

Great film.  Wish I could watch it again but I have Comcast. Woman Mad

I am right with you, not poaying 10 more per month for TCM when the movies are great, but they keep repeating same ones over and over.  Now we do have Screen Pix, no commercials, but no movies older than 1960

@Shelbelle 

I've lost STARZ, too.  Comcast replaces channels with ones I really don't care for.  When we get settled into our house this month I'm going to have to have a chat with Comcast and renegotiate our situation.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

Re: "DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES" JACK LEMMON, LEE REMICK SUNDAY 11:15 A.M. EASTERN TCM

They always showed this movie on New Years Eve.  That last scene always gets to me.  

Honored Contributor

Now we have Epix instead of Starz, Starz is a premium now I dont watch Starz. but I do get Netflix free in my Comcast latest pkg, but no HBO. We have the Triple Play. 

Honored Contributor

Re: "DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES" JACK LEMMON, LEE REMICK SUNDAY 11:15 A.M. EASTERN TCM

It was heartbreaking, but good.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I have never watched this movie from beginning to end.  I like both the leads but the story just did not grab me. On this theme, I prefer The Lost Weekend, another well acted story about alcoholism.

Honored Contributor

Lets not forget the beautiful theme song too. 

Honored Contributor

The movie is not all gloomy.  The roach spray & roaches in the apt scenes are pretty funny.  Both sober at the time. Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

For me, this film and it's portrayals are haunting.  I've, only, seen it once and it still haunts me to this day.  Lee Remick breaks my heart beyond repair with her performance.  The sadness for me is overwhelming and the redemption of Jack Lemmon doesn't alter the heartbreak I feel, even now.

My heart goes out to anyone suffering from addiction.  It is not a singular disease but it affects the entire family.  Sobriety is a gift, a daily struggle for the remainder of your life.  Some are blessed with the gift, many are not.  It is difficult to understand unless you have walked in their shoes. Painful, helpless, powerless to protect a love one and heartbreaking to watch someone destroy themselves and their life.

Thereby for the grace of God might go I.

Honored Contributor

Beautifully put, @Somertime .