Honored Contributor

"DARK VICTORY" FLASH ALERT 8:00 P.M. EASTERN FRIDAY TCM

8:00 p.m. Eastern--  "Dark Victory"  Bette Davis, George Brent, Geraldine Fitzgerald, Humphrey Bogart, Ronald Reagan

Frequently aired, but worthy and beloved Bette Davis weeper!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: "DARK VICTORY" FLASH ALERT 8:00 P.M. EASTERN FRIDAY TCM

[ Edited ]

@Oznell 

Yep, it requires lots of tissues!

Seen it many times.  Enough so that I don't feel compelled to watch Cat LOL

Last night they aired Now Voyager....another one that is fun to watch many times....one of my favorite scenes is when he lights two ciggies and hands one to Bette....

She is another "force of nature" actress...not beautiful, but beautiful on screen. 

Honored Contributor

That's right, @Witchy Woman -- and when she's acting on all cylinders, you can't take your eyes off her in a scene-- mesmerizing...

Super Contributor

Thanks for the heads up! Love this movie.. Bette Davis is still the best!

Honored Contributor

I noticed this was on and it is one of my favorite Bette Davis movies.  I said one of my favs since there are so many movies she made which were excellent.  She was such a superb actress and when I was younger I decided to see her movies whenever they were presented on TV.  I admired her then and now she is a true legend who has her place in movie history.

The one movie I didn't like her in was Baby Jane.  I felt it was below her and almost felt sorry she took that role.  But she pulled it off as only Bette could do!

True talent who still thrills when on screen!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

watching now

Bette Davis is my most favorite EVER!

I wish I owned all her movies.

her room is 426

LOL that's my birthday!

Respected Contributor

Does anyone remember the Elizabeth Montgomery TV version , i know it can't compare to a classic , but she was queen of the TV movies after Bewitched. I am going to look it up.

Honored Contributor

I've always liked Elizabeth Montgomery too, @MW in Iowa -- wasn't she fantastic in the TV movie on Lizzie Borden?

There's an obscure TV movie she made in which she was a cynical, middle-aged detective in a murder mystery, which is another one of my favorite things she did.  She had the star quality and magnetism reminiscent of her father, Hollywood legend Robert Montgomery.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

I've always liked Elizabeth Montgomery too, @MW in Iowa -- wasn't she fantastic in the TV movie on Lizzie Borden?

There's an obscure TV movie she made in which she was a cynical, middle-aged detective in a murder mystery, which is another one of my favorite things she did.  She had the star quality and magnetism reminiscent of her father, Hollywood legend Robert Montgomery.

@Oznell   EM was also in the tv mini-series the Awakening Land (The Trees, The Fields, The Town trilogy by Conrad Ritchter).

Ugh.  I so miss having TCM but it's an extra pay now that we downgraded.  *sigh*

I think I've seen every Bette Davis movie more than once. 

This is a fave.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh