Honored Contributor

"Christmas in Connecticut" again!

If you missed it before, Turner Classic Movies is showing "Christmas In Connecticut" today at 2:00 Eastern!   Superb, funny, romantic movie with Barbara Stanwyck and Dennis Morgan.

Honored Contributor

Re: "Christmas in Connecticut" again!

There is a cute Christmas film from the 1950's Called Rupert  The Great, starring Jimmy Durante. Its about a squirrel, that helps a couple of down and out families

I haven't seen it on TV in decades, but you can still watch it on the net. I love Jimmy and the film is great fun

Esteemed Contributor

Great film! I'll probably watch it again for the umpteenth time.

Honored Contributor

Just waiting for it to start... One of my favorites. Love TCM!

Valued Contributor

One of my favorites,too!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm recording it, thanks for reminder!!!  hahahaha, I changed what I was watching. I really like this movie!! Love the house!!

Honored Contributor

QualityGal, I could move right in.  Cozy New England country house perfection!  That fireplace!  That mulitpaned window that slants out!  Drool.

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

I wish they'd run these oldies but goodies in prime time. Maybe they have but if they did, I missed it !

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Love that movie but they play it too dang often.  And others as well.  Maybe they some sort of licensing that has to be dealt with on other good movies.  When you get in your sixties, you've seen most of these movies 5 or 6 times just in the last 5 or 10 years.  I have to admit, though that I don't like most of they newer movies.  My favorites are from 1939 to 1950 there about.  1939 was the best year for movie making ever.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)