Super Contributor

Re: "CHRISTMAS IN CONNECTICUT" STANWYCK WEDNESDAY 10:00 P.M. EASTERN TCM

One of my alltime fav movies, not just for Christmas. Spectacular cast, wonderful script. Love, love, love it.

Honored Contributor

Cripes I almost missed this.  Got the best parts though.  I'm also making "The Bishop's Wife" with Loretta Young and Cary Grant a holiday movie too.  Love the story of it.

Honored Contributor

ABSOLUTE BLISS!!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to EVERYONE!!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell - As someone who remembers Barbara Stanwyck from "Big Valley", only, it was nice to see her in her youthful prime acting in such a different, non-matronly role. She was funny, too, especially with Robert--- I mean Roberta, and with that "other" baby, and that pancake flipping demo was hilarious. The whole "snowballing lie" theme was intriguing and delightful for a change, especially set back in 1945 when some behaviors that are considered acceptable today were considered completely unacceptable signs of bad and immoral character decades ago.  I personally like knowing that some behaviors were considered intolerable in years past.  I guess I am more old-fashioned in that way.  All the characters fit together like clockwork with their complicated relationships. I do wonder how a relationship built upon so many lies could withstand the truth, but who am I to judge a "love at first sight" relationship?

Great movie, so thank you for recommending it.  

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!  

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Cripes I almost missed this.  Got the best parts though.  I'm also making "The Bishop's Wife" with Loretta Young and Cary Grant a holiday movie too.  Love the story of it.

My own personal holiday movie EVER.

Just the music alone is pure magic.

Honored Contributor

@Jersey Born wrote:

@Oznell - As someone who remembers Barbara Stanwyck ifrom "Big Valley", only, it was nice to see her in her youthful prime acting in such a different, non-matronly role. She was funny, too, especially with Robert--- I mean Roberta, and with that "other" baby, and that pancake flipping demo was hilarious. The whole "snowballing lie" theme was intriguing and delightful for a change, especially set back in 1945 when some behaviors that are considered acceptable today were considered completely unacceptable signs of bad and immoral character decades ago.  I personally like knowing that some behaviors were considered intolerable in years past.  I guess I am more old-fashioned in that way.  All the characters fit together like clockwork with their complicated relationships. I do wonder how a relaitonship built upon so many lies could withstand the truth, but who am I to judge a "love at first sight" relationship?

Great movie, so thank you for recommending it.  

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!  

My mother was a PRUDE, but she never wore ANY UNDERWEAR except lacy full slips, and was engaged to the same man for 12 years, then met my father on a blind date and married him 6 weeks later (and kept the lovely engagement ring the 12 year guy had given her, which I now wear myself).

After all, "THERE'S A WAR ON!" and although my dad was solidly (and truthfully) 4F AND a critical defense worker, no one ever knew whether the classifications might change on a dime and they'd be called up.