Honored Contributor

"CHRISTMAS IN CONNECTICUT" STANWYCK AND DENNIS MORGAN 8:15 A.M. EASTERN SUNDAY TCM

8:15 a.m. Eastern Sunday TCM--  @yellowBeetle reminded us yesterday that this is on this a.m., the wonderful holiday classic with Barbara Stanwyck a deceptive journalist pretending to be a queen of domestic bliss in the country, and darling Dennis Morgan eager to believe it.  Terrific co-stars, and I'm including that Connecticut wonder of a country house-- it has a starring role too!

I think TCM is showing this later in the month as well.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: "CHRISTMAS IN CONNECTICUT" STANWYCK AND DENNIS MORGAN 8:15 A.M. EASTERN SUNDAY TCM

Thank you so much for the heads up!  Just set my DVR in the nick of time. Happy Holidays! 

Honored Contributor

Re: "CHRISTMAS IN CONNECTICUT" STANWYCK AND DENNIS MORGAN 8:15 A.M. EASTERN SUNDAY TCM

My dirty little holiday secret- I CHERISH this movie all year ‘round, but (hard to write this but it’s true) I ALSO RELISH the Dianne Cannon/Kris Kristofferson movie.

It’s absolutely NOT a “remake” but if you watch it with an open heart and a cup of cinnamon laced tea, it’s kind of fun.

Throw pomander oranges made by clumsy fingered kindergarteners if you must. It’s my opinion and I’m sticking to it.

Honored Contributor

Probably one of my top 3.  Love the house, the sleigh ride, the story.  It was such fun.

Honored Contributor

This is in my top three also. Terrific movie. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

No pomander balls being tossed here!  I know exactly what you mean, @violann.  If you accept the Dyan Cannon one on its own merits, it's a charming holiday diversion.  She's truly a gifted, original comedienne-- loved her also as the murderous but dizzy and comically baffled wife in "Heaven Can Wait" with Warren Beatty....

Honored Contributor

My Mom loved this Movie so I finally watched it in her Memory  Smiley Happy It is a wonderful Movie! I enjoyed so much.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

I love this one as well, but what an awful hour to program it... I wasn't even up to see the heads-up... Considering the qwap they've been putting out there during more normal viewing hours, you'd think they could schedule a holiday classic like this a bit later in the day...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

This was a favorite of my mother and I. My daughter and I love this movie, too, and try to watch it each year! The first year I watched it with her she was about 8 and we both went breathless laughing. I'll try to catch it when it airs again on TMC. Thanks for reminding me.

I always think it inspired the dinner party craziness of Frasier and Niles Crane!

Honored Contributor

Two upcoming dates for this one on TCM:

December 22, 2018 @ 10:00 PM (EST)

December 24, 2018 @ 4:00 PM (EST)
[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.