Honored Contributor

Re: "CHINATOWN" JACK NICHOLSON, FAYE DUNAWAY SUNDAY 10:00 P.M. EASTERN TCM

Oh, that's right, ha ha, he always said "Gitts",  one syllable!  It's just the kind of thing his character would do!

Respected Contributor

Roman Polanski is the thug who splits Nicholson's nose. I realized that for the first time after watching the movie again last night. Terrific film, great music.
Respected Contributor

@ Witchy Woman if you're wondering if Faye Dunaway really is as "lovely" as you thought she was, you surely haven't tapped into the many delicious accounts of how she's mistreated her co-workers through the years. I guess her going to daily Mass hasn't helped in her interpersonal relationships. Nonetheless, her shenanigans have made for some interesting reading lol.

And nothing has changed. Just this summer, she was fired from her starring role as Katharine Hepburn in a broadway-bound production. It seems, among other things, that she was aghast at the wig she had to wear because it had too much gray (nevermind that she was portraying an old Hepburn), started plucking out the hairs, flinging combs and brushes, screaming, and slapping staff.

Crikey. After having enough of her channeling Joan Crawford, producers canned her for creating a toxic work environment. Apparently, things were so bad, everyone was happy to lose their jobs.

And she was just as bad waaay back when Chinatown was filmed, too. Pervy director, Roman Polanski, called her a royal pain in the you-know-what. He said that when she held everyone up and delayed shooting for the umpteenth time because she wanted to know her "motivation" for a scene, he told her, "Your PAYCHECK. That's your motivation!"

That said, I've enjoyed her finished products lol. But I wouldn't want to be on set with her!

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Moonlady    Right you are. I have even read articles at the time of her firing that you reference wherein people who worked with her even questioned her mental stability.

Honored Contributor

Hi @Pearlee -- that wasn't me with the info on Faye Dunaway's conduct-- I believe it's @Moonlady you are responding to?   Very interesting info though!

Respected Contributor

I'm going to try and watch this On Demand.  I know I've seen bits n pieces, but don't recall seeing it all the way thru. 

Faye Dunaway hit the jackpot with the actors she worked with.  All the greats.  Offhand I can recall Warren Beatty, Robert Redford, Steve McQueen, Jack Nicholson, Mickey Rourke, William Holden and I'm sure there are many more.

She's had quite the career.  And we don't see much of Jack Nicholson anymore.  I hope his health is OK.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Trusted Contributor

I have this recorded and waiting for an evening when my husband and I can watch together. We like to have an evening where we cook together and then watch a movie. Looking forward to it!

Honored Contributor

Dinner together and a great movie, sounds fab, @Teddie!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Hi @Pearlee -- that wasn't me with the info on Faye Dunaway's conduct-- I believe it's @Moonlady you are responding to?   Very interesting info though!

@Oznell   Thanks, you are right and went and edited it.

It sounded like you though!  LOL Smiley Happy