Honored Contributor

Re: "CAESAR AND CLEOPATRA" VIVIEN LEIGH CLAUDE RAINS WEDNESDAY 11:15 A.M. EASTERN TCM

If you want to see the Timothy Dalton (Julius Ceaser) Cleopatra the 1999 mini series, it's on YouTube. Smiley Very Happy

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Re: "CAESAR AND CLEOPATRA" VIVIEN LEIGH CLAUDE RAINS WEDNESDAY 11:15 A.M. EASTERN TCM

I have a soft spot for CC - my mother could have been her near twin as a teen/20-something.

I have seen all three movies. For all it’s controversy and ridiculous budget that nearly sank the studio, the Taylor/Burton/Harrison version is my favorite. It really is an amazing spectacle to watch.
Honored Contributor

I watched a biography of Viven Leigh earlier this week. They mentioned how Viven Leigh was not in good health (mental or physical) during the making of the movie Caesar and Cleopatra. She had lost weight. They discovered she had tuberculosis in 1944. And she discovered she was pregnant during the filming of the movie and had a miscarriage. She also tripped and fell during a scene in the movie. 

Yet, she still gave quite a performance.

Honored Contributor

Yeah, @drizzellla, it's devastating how much she went through, miscarriage, mental and physical illness, plus ultimately, the growing awareness that her marriage to Olivier was not headed in a good direction...