Respected Contributor

On Netflix

About fake cosmetics sold online and in flea markets.

BTW, I just bought some Tea tree oil on AMZN.  It smelled like LYSOL!

I went to a website mentioned in the movie called www.fakespot.com,

and entered the URL for the TT oil.

It got an "F".

I'll probably send it back.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

I do not trust any beauty items sold on Amazon or eBay, or other similar sites. I’m sure not all of them are fakes, but it’s not worth the risk go save a few $$. I’ll buy direct from the vendor or QVC, Sephora, department store, etc.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

On Netflix

About fake cosmetics sold online and in flea markets.

BTW, I just bought some Tea tree oil on AMZN.  It smelled like LYSOL!

I went to a website mentioned in the movie called www.fakespot.com,

and entered the URL for the TT oil.

It got an "F".

I'll probably send it back.

@RinaRina ,  do you know what true tea tree oil smells like?  

I could see someone describing it as being similar to Lysol.

More importantly, it's a strong antibacterial, and you have to know what you're doing with it.

Like all essential oils, it isn't to be used undiluted.

It can be dangerous if mishandled, and is toxic to some pets.

Esteemed Contributor

Regarding the show, Broken. Each episode covers a different topic. Recycling sham, vaping and a couple of others. All were interesting.

Respected Contributor

When it got to the episode about the furniture falling on the babies .. I had to stop.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

I do not trust any beauty items sold on Amazon or eBay, or other similar sites. I’m sure not all of them are fakes, but it’s not worth the risk go save a few $$. I’ll buy direct from the vendor or QVC, Sephora, department store, etc.

I have to agree, it is not worth the aggravation or risks.

Honored Contributor

I just finished washing the whole series of documentaries. The show is called “Broken.”The cosmetics market is flooded by fakes. The doc on makeup is entitled “Makeup Mayhem.” Good documentary series to binge. There’s also one called “Deadly Dressers” that’s pretty good. There’s one about recycling that had many details I was not aware of. For example, I did not know that plastic bags are not recyclable.