Respected Contributor

Re: "BARNEY MILLER"'S STILL ON

Funny you should mention this.  A few weeks ago while flipping channels, noticed the very 1st episode of "Night Court" was airing.  Never watched the early years, so I'm catching up via DVR.

Will have to look into Barney Miller next.  Amazing how well some of these old shows have held up.

Denise
Trusted Contributor

I frequently watch Barney Miller at 6 pm Pacific time on Antenna TV.  Such a great ensemble cast, including the criminals. New, young actors and so many great character actors (I always liked Jack DeLeon as Marty.) 

Jack Soo was one of my favourites with his dry delivery.   I loved James Gregory as Luger and George Murdock as Lt. Scanlon (always getting frustrated when he couldn't get Barney or one of the guys) and don't forget Florence Stanley as Mrs. Fish.
 Difficult sometimes to not get a little choked up seeing the relatively new World Trade Center towers during the opening.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

LOVED that show!!!  Had no idea nit was still on out there somewhere.  My favorite character was Fisch (Abe Vigoda) the long-suffering old guy of the group.  I don't watch much TV (that's my husband's thing) so I dunno if we get any of those channels, but I'll for sure look for it now!

Thanks, @Oznell !

Respected Contributor

I used to love Barney Miller. But I started watching it last year on Antenna TV and it’s just not as funny to me now.