Honored Contributor

Re: "Ave Maria" Amazon commercial...

I love the song (one of my favorites), but I don't feel it belongs in a commercial.

Honored Contributor

I love the commercial and get the message behind it. 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

Which is what?

Contributor

I learned to play this beautiful song on the piano as a very young girl and have always loved it.  I even had it sung in Latin at my wedding.  I do think it is kind of an odd choice for this commercial though and they run it way too often.  

Esteemed Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

I love the commercial and get the message behind it. 

I do too, and the commercial reminded me how much I love the song, and went searching for it on iTunes.

Honored Contributor

Ave Maria means Hail Mary and it's lyrics are a catholic prayer said to the Blessed Mother.

I don't understand the commercial and it makes me uncomfortable for Amazon to be using this song in a commercial.

It you figured out the message, please share.

Honored Contributor

I love the song and will close my eyes and enjoy it for as long as it's on and from what I understand the commercial is telling us that no matter how loud and hectic your environment is that Amazon has ways to transport you to your tranquil zone (Ave Maria being one of the most tranquil) and obviously one of the gentleman's "go-to" relaxation tunes..... I agree, it's on an awful lot, but so are a ton of them!

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

Ave Maria means Hail Mary and it's lyrics are a catholic prayer said to the Blessed Mother.

I don't understand the commercial and it makes me uncomfortable for Amazon to be using this song in a commercial.

It you figured out the message, please share.

Support others but find your own peace too...get along-give and take-compromise.

Esteemed Contributor

Isn't it advertising Bose headphones?  It is to show it blocks out the chaos of the household noise.  At least that is what I thought the ad was about.  

Not being Catholic, I don't care for the song.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

I understand the song is a very difficult one to sing and it takes a talented singer to do it right. Celine Dion does a beautiful rendition of the song.