Honored Contributor

Re: "ANGEL FACE" ROBERT MITCHUM JEAN SIMMONS MIDNIGHT EASTERN SAT. TCM

Yeah, @twinsister, that ending packs quite a punch, even when you've seen it before!

I think that moody musical score (by Dmitri Tiomkin?) contributes tremendously to the atmosphere...

Honored Contributor

Oh good, @mousiegirl, I hope those who have missed it get to see it on the Movie channel-- thanks for the alert!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Oh good, @mousiegirl, I hope those who have missed it get to see it on the Movie channel-- thanks for the alert!

@Oznell  I had it on while preparing dinner.  DH isn't allowed to watch new or games if I am in the kitchen cooking, he has other rooms to go to, but last night, he chose to stay in the kitchen, and became interested, even laughing several times.  He never watches anything but games and news, and I think he should, have told hm so, but he is very stubborn.  I enjoyed the movie, love Linda Darnell and her wise cracks.  I enjoyed her in A Letter to three wives also.

DH asked at one point if it was Dana Andrews, said he was in everything when he was growing up, lol.  I know it's him just by his voice, don't even have to see the screen to know that it is him.

Before this show, was Detective Story, very good, with Kirk Douglas

Honored Contributor

Just watched this movie which I had recorded.  Very much enjoyed Eddie's commentary.  I actually fell asleep midway.  Was a very daring ending as he mentioned at the end.  I like JS and I think she would have been great in Roman Holiday which she seems to have been prevented from filming by HH.  Not a big fan of Mitchum and here he seemed too gullible and trusting to be completely believable IMO. But glad I watched it to the end.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Oznell wrote:

@Oznell  I had it on while preparing dinner.  DH isn't allowed to watch new or games if I am in the kitchen cooking, he has other rooms to go to, but last night, he chose to stay in the kitchen, and became interested, even laughing several times.  He never watches anything but games and news, and I think he should, have told hm so, but he is very stubborn.  I enjoyed the movie, love Linda Darnell and her wise cracks.  I enjoyed her in A Letter to three wives also.

DH asked at one point if it was Dana Andrews, said he was in everything when he was growing up, lol.  I know it's him just by his voice, don't even have to see the screen to know that it is him.

Before this show, was Detective Story, very good, with Kirk Douglas

@Oznell  I was wrong, it was Fallen Angel that I watched, not Angel Face.

Honored Contributor

"Fallen Angel",  another fantastic one, @mousiegirl.  Knew what you meant--  ha, almost all movies with "Angel" in the title are good, have you noticed?  Love "Johnny Angel" also, wonderful film noir with George Raft and Claire Trevor.

I'd love to see "Detective Story" again...