Esteemed Contributor

Re: "ADAM'S RIB" SPENCER TRACY K. HEPBURN THURSDAY 4:00 P.M. EASTERN TCM

@Judaline , 'actually I have not seen that much of Tom Ewell in any movie, unless supporting roles that apparently I missed'

"love and enJOYed The Seven Year Itch, though"

I knew zero about his illness, age of death, but he certainly made me

`Laugh with that character!

Since my time is limited (in and out) to watch any TV, unless it's keeping up with apparent precise positive news, first 20 minutes hitting the high spots.

---------------------------

I can possibly count 25 movies I would watch, again & again....

' ... if TCM would select / schedule (maybe more) of the older films from their vault - similarly to several unknown [ones] that were shown two years ago  '18's March to July ...that would be interesting'.

OT: Adventure:: same female, though.

I will agree, also, if anyone, also, saw The Africa Queen?

I did watch the interesting role of Humphrey Bogart's. 

I found through an old paper clipping, when that film adaptation was released (??1951-(? 52) something) that Lauren Bacall insisted to be there while shooting the film. Spencer Tracy was tagging along with (KH) during the filming.

The guards watching the guards!! ??

Having a decisive difference of scrutiny,

I may observe any movie okay, but not the actors'  moral principle standards.

Opinion! Mine.

Very few, - 'the old Hollywood' - had escaped the same immoral life style as today's.

Case closed for me. 

Honored Contributor

@NAES1 wrote:

@Judaline , 'actually I have not seen that much of Tom Ewell in any movie, unless supporting roles that apparently I missed'

"love and enJOYed The Seven Year Itch, though"

I knew zero about his illness, age of death, but he certainly made me

`Laugh with that character!

Since my time is limited (in and out) to watch any TV, unless it's keeping up with apparent precise positive news, first 20 minutes hitting the high spots.

---------------------------

I can possibly count 25 movies I would watch, again & again....

' ... if TCM would select / schedule (maybe more) of the older films from their vault - similarly to several unknown [ones] that were shown two years ago  '18's March to July ...that would be interesting'.

OT: Adventure:: same female, though.

I will agree, also, if anyone, also, saw The Africa Queen?

I did watch the interesting role of Humphrey Bogart's. 

I found through an old paper clipping, when that film adaptation was released (??1951-(? 52) something) that Lauren Bacall insisted to be there while shooting the film. Spencer Tracy was tagging along with (KH) during the filming.

The guards watching the guards!! ??

Having a decisive difference of scrutiny,

I may observe any movie okay, but not the actors'  moral principle standards.

Opinion! Mine.

Very few, - 'the old Hollywood' - had escaped the same immoral life style as today's.

Case closed for me. 

I can't imagine Lauren Bacall being jealous (for lack of a better word) of Katherine Hepburn! Or anybody else for that matter, lol.

Did you like Casablanca? That's one I could watch over and over. In fact I DO watch it over and over. And  I think Bogie and Bacall were something to see-loved To Have and Have Not. And others. I think they show The Big Sleep more than I like. I'm really tired of it.

If I had the Netflix channel I would probably become a couch potato. I won't have that happening! I'm a busy gal. I watch Fox & Friends every morning while I have my coffee. Then I eat. Then I'm up and at 'em. I don't really watch in the evening. Saturday night is our movie night. We belong to Netflix by mail and I love it.

I can go on and on. Sorry. See ya on the boards!

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline .

No,

I don't particularly like, or am fascinated .

Barely interestING    Woman Surprised

(as in watching over & o'vr),  but my husband will definitely...I know it's one of his ALL TIME favs. Casablanca!

Bacall had just turned 19, and HB was in his late 47s.

She was frustrated with half way modeling jobs...not even close to high profile, so when he 'met her', she was infatuated with Who he was .He was married.. for the 3rd time, and his last wife (longest running) knew he had and was cruising many other women. I think most did. (??) She was the other new youngER girl. EZ PEASY for US. I surely know.

What's not to excite some wanna`` be /19 year old girl's head, in the cloud, having just met an older man; his name was tops in the movies.... ( I would not have been that glowing - giggly girl); I was making my own career in medicine + darn good lookin' too from a modeling guaranteed offer as I was 'trying' to handle my best decision over & over - from do I - or do I d not? Tough decision(s)...

Bingo!

Understanding very insecure females: 

'Any young similar Bacall girl would be curious and jump to the lucky being mitten just what her intended might do when the cat is away; she was just out of [ high school ] - insecure and very shy.

They were married just under 10 years. Maybe they were one in a million to survive over the 7 year proverbial itch timing? I believe she took care of him as he did for her.

He had $$s and that {{Usually}} can control, well most hormones most girls of that age have going different directions. He mother begged LB not to marry this older man.

```Tales from an older intelligent woman```. Mom, not me.!

~judaline,

I am A cause; on a targeted  - concentrated task on my country, and DO watch  'FoX news'.

I am exceedingly involved with the stats, pray for Pres, (have tickets for next city's speech,

... ( may see me in audience ), and trying to be in the know how  in saving pets' lives here, along with $$s (as any  contribution needed) for animals affected from the countless deaths, injuries, along with..

~~  the Australian fires, right now. Saving and almost ready for my 33.3 acreage what I own, a No Kill animal shelter.

Another state, another adventure.

Good things         Cat Happy         happening,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Heart

I am preparing large skyrocket styrofoam  boxes for any neighborhoods' cats... or further shelter homes...f o r ...

{  W I N T E R...

{  for many feral cats that can be helped.

Guess too, I could go on & on...sorry, too. I hope to see you on the boards, also. Smiley Happy, always. 

Thank you for the honest reply. I am working, now, with oncology patients in urology. Unbelievably heart breaking.

The state's urology president. What a honor.

Have a great new week. BEHAVE!  Woman LOL I know you will. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,

I'm sure dear sweet friend. Heart Heart

N A E S... I love life.

Honored Contributor

@NAES1 wrote:

@Judaline .

No,

I don't particularly like, or am fascinated .

Barely interestING    Woman Surprised

(as in watching over & o'vr),  but my husband will definitely...I know it's one of his ALL TIME favs. Casablanca!

Bacall had just turned 19, and HB was in his late 47s.

She was frustrated with half way modeling jobs...not even close to high profile, so when he 'met her', she was infatuated with Who he was .He was married.. for the 3rd time, and his last wife (longest running) knew he had and was cruising many other women. I think most did. (??) She was the other new youngER girl. EZ PEASY for US. I surely know.

What's not to excite some wanna`` be /19 year old girl's head, in the cloud, having just met an older man; his name was tops in the movies.... ( I would not have been that glowing - giggly girl); I was making my own career in medicine + darn good lookin' too from a modeling guaranteed offer as I was 'trying' to handle my best decision over & over - from do I - or do I d not? Tough decision(s)...

Bingo!

Understanding very insecure females: 

'Any young similar Bacall girl would be curious and jump to the lucky being mitten just what her intended might do when the cat is away; she was just out of [ high school ] - insecure and very shy.

They were married just under 10 years. Maybe they were one in a million to survive over the 7 year proverbial itch timing? I believe she took care of him as he did for her.

He had $$s and that {{Usually}} can control, well most hormones most girls of that age have going different directions. He mother begged LB not to marry this older man.

```Tales from an older intelligent woman```. Mom, not me.!

~judaline,

I am A cause; on a targeted  - concentrated task on my country, and DO watch  'FoX news'.

I am exceedingly involved with the stats, pray for Pres, (have tickets for next city's speech,

... ( may see me in audience ), and trying to be in the know how  in saving pets' lives here, along with $$s (as any  contribution needed) for animals affected from the countless deaths, injuries, along with..

~~  the Australian fires, right now. Saving and almost ready for my 33.3 acreage what I own, a No Kill animal shelter.

Another state, another adventure.

Good things         Cat Happy         happening,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Heart

I am preparing large skyrocket styrofoam  boxes for any neighborhoods' cats... or further shelter homes...f o r ...

{  W I N T E R...

{  for many feral cats that can be helped.

Guess too, I could go on & on...sorry, too. I hope to see you on the boards, also. Smiley Happy, always. 

Thank you for the honest reply. I am working, now, with oncology patients in urology. Unbelievably heart breaking.

The state's urology president. What a honor.

Have a great new week. BEHAVE!  Woman LOL I know you will. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,

I'm sure dear sweet friend. Heart Heart

N A E S... I love life.

I thought LB was a model before marrying? I know she was young. 17 when she made her first movie.

You own a no kill shelter??? Good for you! I just got an email from one of the humane societies-HSI, asking for donations. They're on their way to Australia to help care for the poor little survivors. I would definitely go and offer my services but I'm needed here-son with disabilities. And then there's being married, lol. Nope, no way I could go but my heart goes with them.

Hope to bump into you now and then. You meet the nicest people here! (or not, hahaha)