Honored Contributor

Re: "A KISS BEFORE DYING" ROBERT WAGNER, JOANNE WOODWARD SATURDAY 4:00 P.M. EASTERN TCM

My all time favorite Robert Wagner movie!

@CANDLEQUEEN  The remake is just as excellent as the original.  Which is very rare for "remakes."

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Re: "A KISS BEFORE DYING" ROBERT WAGNER, JOANNE WOODWARD SATURDAY 4:00 P.M. EASTERN TCM

@Oznell wrote:

You too, dear @Coquille!

@Oznell  I just noticed something-at least with you and me and our number of posts. They stayed the same with each post we made here??

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

I just watched this last week. Forget what channel!  Excellent movie. Wagner was great, a real slimeball. I loved this movie and the girl's car is the same car I used to drive, lol! I wish I had it back.Woman Sad

Dress rehersal, perhaps, for later killing Natlie Wood? 

Honored Contributor

Oh, yeah, @Judaline, I've never noticed that before-- but you are right- the number doesn't seem to have changed.  Maybe it happens later?

Perish the thought, @Pearlee!   That is something I've never been clear on, but boy, sure hope that wasn't the case...

Honored Contributor

@Oznell   LOL for Jeffrey Hunter "in Clark Kent mode."

He was soooo handsome.  I remember when he was popular and also when he died so young of a fall suffered when he had a stroke.  Even as a young girl, I was devastated that he died...  my heart went a little pitter-patter when I saw him in a film.

Oh, those blue eyes.  He was even "prettier" than Newman!

Trivia: he was originally the captain of the Starship Enterprise in the pilot for Star Trek.

jeff hunter.jpg

Honored Contributor

Oh, yeah, @Pearlee, agreed, tremendously personable guy.  Played Jesus Christ very well too.  Wasn't he married to another off-beat fave of mine, Barbara Rush?

Terrible that he died so young before his career could really zoom....  I think he had "it" and could have been huge.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Oznell   LOL for Jeffrey Hunter "in Clark Kent mode."

He was soooo handsome.  I remember when he was popular and also when he died so young of a fall suffered when he had a stroke.  Even as a young girl, I was devastated that he died...  my heart went a little pitter-patter when I saw him in a film.

Oh, those blue eyes.  He was even "prettier" than Newman!

Trivia: he was originally the captain of the Starship Enterprise in the pilot for Star Trek.

jeff hunter.jpg

I had just told DH that Jeffrey Hunter died very young of a heart attack. Thanks for clarifying. I remember when Bogie died because it was ez. I saw his son Stephen one day doing an interview and he said his dad died at 57 in '57. That's one that I'm sure of. It was certainly a 'bad day at black rock'.

I think JH was very underrated. He was gorgeous.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Judaline wrote:

I just watched this last week. Forget what channel!  Excellent movie. Wagner was great, a real slimeball. I loved this movie and the girl's car is the same car I used to drive, lol! I wish I had it back.Woman Sad

Dress rehersal, perhaps, for later killing Natlie Wood? 

I don't think so. I've never thought so. Christopher Walken would know, but we'll never know.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell   Yes he was married to Barbara Rush, who wasn't as pretty as Jeffrey!  LOL

@Judaline  Yes, we'll never know whether Wagner did it or not.  I never used to think so but with what came out long afterwards, now I'm not so sure.  Agree with what you wrote about Walken.    I remember it first being reported that Hunter died of a brain aneurysm (sp?)  and he fell at the time he had it.  From what I Googled before I posted, though, it said he had an earlier stroke and then later had one and fell down the stairs from it, and his death resulted from the stroke and the fall.  He was way too young when he died.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Oznell   Yes he was married to Barbara Rush, who wasn't as pretty as Jeffrey!  LOL

@Judaline  Yes, we'll never know whether Wagner did it or not.  I never used to think so but with what came out long afterwards, now I'm not so sure.  Agree with what you wrote about Walken.    I remember it first being reported that Hunter died of a brain aneurysm (sp?)  and he fell at the time he had it.  From what I Googled before I posted, though, it said he had an earlier stroke and then later had one and fell down the stairs from it, and his death resulted from the stroke and the fall.  He was way too young when he died.

I know her sister Lana sure believes he did it. The last time I saw her she was livid-that was some time ago, but evidently she couldn't prove it and it must have been - is very frustrating for her. Do you know how his children feel about it? Do they see their father?