Honored Contributor

Re: "A KISS BEFORE DYING" ROBERT WAGNER, JOANNE WOODWARD SUNDAY 12:15 A.M. EASTERN TCM SUN

I dont think Woodward was very proud of this movie. As with so many TCM selections, this one was aired not too long ago. 

Honored Contributor

Re: "A KISS BEFORE DYING" ROBERT WAGNER, JOANNE WOODWARD SUNDAY 12:15 A.M. EASTERN TCM SUN

Kiss Before Dying is a 1956 American color film noir, directed by Gerd Oswald in his ... A Kiss Before Dying was Joanne Woodward's second film, after Count Three and Pray, the year before. She said at one time that it was her "worst picture".

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Kiss Before Dying is a 1956 American color film noir, directed by Gerd Oswald in his ... A Kiss Before Dying was Joanne Woodward's second film, after Count Three and Pray, the year before. She said at one time that it was her "worst picture".

I never really cared for her and I thought she was totally miscast in this. Just not her type of role.

Honored Contributor

Re: "A KISS BEFORE DYING" ROBERT WAGNER, JOANNE WOODWARD SUNDAY 10:00 A.M. EASTERN

[ Edited ]

Ira levin also wrote Rosemary's Baby, Deathtrap, Boys from Brazil, Critics Choice and Stepford Wives

Honored Contributor

Re: "A KISS BEFORE DYING" ROBERT WAGNER, JOANNE WOODWARD SUNDAY 10:00 A.M. EASTERN

I will have to watch for this original. I have seen the remake with Matt Dillon and Sean Young though....I am sure the remake was not as good...

Trusted Contributor

I remember seeing the remake but it could not have made an impression as I did not remember it until you mentioned it.  I think Robert Wagner did an excellent job and his looks helped him quite a bit along with his natural charm to pull off that part. 

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I will have to watch for this original. I have seen the remake with Matt Dillon and Sean Young though....I am sure the remake was not as good...

I didn't know there was a remake.  I did some research & found the remake was done in 1991.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

The remake was a TV movie, and it that one Sean Young played the part of both sisters, they were twins in this one.