Honored Contributor

Re: "A KISS BEFORE DYING" ROBERT WAGNER, JOANNE WOODWARD SATURDAY 4:00 P.M. EASTERN TCM

Oh, brother-- I did the original alert, and I almost forgot it's coming on in a few minutes!  Dingy!  Would hate to miss this...

Honored Contributor

Re: "A KISS BEFORE DYING" ROBERT WAGNER, JOANNE WOODWARD SATURDAY 4:00 P.M. EASTERN TCM

@Judaline wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Oznell   Yes he was married to Barbara Rush, who wasn't as pretty as Jeffrey!  LOL

@Judaline  Yes, we'll never know whether Wagner did it or not.  I never used to think so but with what came out long afterwards, now I'm not so sure.  Agree with what you wrote about Walken.    I remember it first being reported that Hunter died of a brain aneurysm (sp?)  and he fell at the time he had it.  From what I Googled before I posted, though, it said he had an earlier stroke and then later had one and fell down the stairs from it, and his death resulted from the stroke and the fall.  He was way too young when he died.

I know her sister Lana sure believes he did it. The last time I saw her she was livid-that was some time ago, but evidently she couldn't prove it and it must have been - is very frustrating for her. Do you know how his children feel about it? Do they see their father?

@Judaline   I don't know the answer regarding the children.  And yes, Lana sure does believe he did it.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Oh, brother-- I did the original alert, and I almost forgot it's coming on in a few minutes!  Dingy!  Would hate to miss this...

Let us know your thoughts, @Oznell 

Honored Contributor

It's a bit more meandering than I remember, @Judaline-- but I still like it, especially this later part at her Dad's fab place in the desert.

I do remember being so disturbed the first time by:

Spoiler
the murder scene on top of the Municipal building.  It was just as disturbing this time, and didn't it seem to go on, and on?  He was maneuvering poor Joanne into the best position to fling her off the roof.  Then sweet-talked her.  Arrrgh.  Wagner, the way he sort of stiffened for a moment after he had done it.  Even if you're pure evil, maybe the body of the murderer has sometimes an involuntary reaction to the act?  That was a skillful touch of acting, I thought.  Then coolly rifling her pathetic little purse left on the ledge, for the incriminating pills.. 

The scene was "well done", I think but excruciating.

Esteemed Contributor

Jeffrey Hunter was so handsome.  I remember him in King of Kings.

So sad that he died too young.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell  I've been trying to answer your post (after viewing the movie) and the darn thing kept posting till there were 2 of them along with your original post. I tried to cancel one of mine and they both disappeared. I will just say that it's funny you thought the film was drawn out and I thought it was fast moving. Eye of the beholder I guess. I hated how cold, calculating, cunning and clever he was, always one step ahead. And yes the roof scene was dreadful but necessary. He was a real piece of work. A total psycho-or is it sociopath. Maybe both rolled into one.

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline  - I was wondering what was wrong with your post.  Kept  trying to open both spoilers and there was nothing there - LOL!!

Did you see Robert Wagner in the documentary about Tab Hunter?  He has aged well, although who knows if he is as nice as he appears to be. Only he, Natalie and C Walken know what really happened.