Honored Contributor

"A Christmas Carol", the George C. Scott Version

On today on the AMC network at 1:00 p.m, Eastern, which unfortunately means there will be commercials, I suppose.

It seems to me that some posters, though, were anxious to see the George C. Scott version, so at least they will be able to catch or tape it, iinterruptions and all.

I adore George C. Scott, and didn't even know that ever played Scrooge.  It would be fun to see what he would do with the role.

Honored Contributor

Re: "A Christmas Carol", the George C. Scott Version

I think this is the BEST version of "A Christmas Carol".

Valued Contributor

He does a great job in this. I have it on DVD along with two other versions. I love this movie. The book is even better. 

Honored Contributor

I don't remember watching this movie so we will try to see it. We're enjoying the old classics now that we are retired.

Esteemed Contributor

While I enjoy most of the movie versions of “A Christmas Carol,» my favorite is the 1951 film with Alastair Sim as Scrooge. If you are not familiar with Mr Sim’s work, watch anything he ever did. He was known as a comic actor but his skills ran the gamut. This 1951 film is shorter than average but the quality, in my opinion, is the best.

Honored Contributor

I like pretty much all versions of A Christmas Carol.....the one with Henry Winkler, the musical with Kelsey Grammar, this one, with George C Scott.  And probably others I've forgotten to mention.  I never tire of the story.

Regular Contributor

This is our very, very favorite version of "The Christmas Carol."  My husband I watch it together every year.  The acting, scenery, and costuming are amazing.  I enjoy watching the version with Henry Winkler.  However, this one is so authentically English.  It's what I think Charles Dickens had in mind!  There are so many memorable scenes.  Every other portrayal of Scrooge never quite measures up to the way George C. Scott portrays the miserly Scrooge.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell,   I watched it last night and I thought it was excellent.  It was only given 2 stars and I thought it was a 3 star movie.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I remember very much enjoying this version. I haven’t seen it in a while. Too late for me today, I’m thinking. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

This is my favorite ...then Muppet Christmas Carol.....I enjoy watching that one over and over with the Granddaughter.....