Honored Contributor

Re: "23 PACES TO BAKER STREET" VAN JOHNSON VERA MILES WEDNESDAY 9:40 A.M. EASTERN FOX MOVI

[ Edited ]

@Oznell   I looked this up, and apparently the Italy version on dvd is the best, optional English language, the first review explains why this is so much better, interesting as I don't recall ever having heard of this film, but if it was ever on tv in decades past, I probably saw it.  Being an only child, and home on crutches for one year, I watched everything available, lol, kept me company.

Honored Contributor

Re: "23 PACES TO BAKER STREET" VAN JOHNSON VERA MILES WEDNESDAY 9:40 A.M. EASTERN FOX MOVI

That's interesting that the Italy version of the DVD is the best, @mousiegirl.  I'd almost be inclined to get the DVD, even though it's shown a lot, just because it's so good!

I didn't know you were home on crutches as a child, that must have been so difficult.  No wonder you are such a movie ace-- that was the perfect time to get your classic film education.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell wrote:

Oh, @drizzellla, you've got me there.  Here's how the Fox Movie Channel works in my area.  In the morning, up until the afternoon-- until 3:00 p.m. Eastern, to be exact--  they show their vintage 20th Century Fox films (Fox retro?).  Then from 3:00 p.m. Eastern onwards to early morning, they show their recent (modern) films.

I'm not sure, but it sounds like that formula might be reversed in your area?  Does your TV not have a guide to it that you can click onto?  Sorry not to be of help-- maybe someone else here knows and can tell us?

Oh, I just checked your post again-- it doesn't sound like you have a different schedule than I do, just that for some reason, you can't click onto a guide for the earlier part of the day?  Is that it?  Gosh I'm probably making this more confusing!

Yes, that is exactly how Fox Movie Channel works in my area. I have gotten into the habit of going to the individual web sites for the TV stations. I can often see weeks of the schedule for the TV station all at once. I can look on the TV guide but I get lazy clicking through the schedule.

Thanks for your help.

Esteemed Contributor

Wow, I never knew we had Fox Movie channel.  Here it's 259.  There are some really good movies lined up to record.

Thanks again Oznell.   Don't know what I would do without you.  

Honored Contributor

My pleasure, kind @sophiamarie --  glad you found the channel!

Esteemed Contributor

Does anyone remember the movie Two Girls and a Sailor?  June Allyson, Gloria DeHaven and Van Johnson.  I had such a crush on him.

Until the day I bumped into him in an elevator in London.  I always thought he was very tall and I was so disappointed when I saw him.  He was not as tall as I imagined in my dreams.  LOL  From that day on, my crush was over.  

Honored Contributor

Gosh, but at least you bumped into him, @sophiamarie!  What a great story.  I would faint if that happened to me.

Only once did my parents and I briefly run into an actor from the classic era,  Charles Bickford.  We were in California visiting my aunt and uncle.  Unfortunately, I was a small child at the time...

Esteemed Contributor

LOL - I remember Charles Bickford too.  He was older than Van.  Those were the days, weren't they??

Valued Contributor

@sophiamarie wrote:

Does anyone remember the movie Two Girls and a Sailor?  June Allyson, Gloria DeHaven and Van Johnson.  I had such a crush on him.

Until the day I bumped into him in an elevator in London.  I always thought he was very tall and I was so disappointed when I saw him.  He was not as tall as I imagined in my dreams.  LOL  From that day on, my crush was over.  

---

I have always thought of Van Johnson as tall, so I looked online. He is listed as 6'1" in one place and 6'2" in another. That seems fairly tall unless you are a basketball player.

Wondering how tall you imagined him in your dreams! Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie wrote:

He had a bad leg-maybe he was favoring it and just kind of leaning on his good leg!!

Yes, I remember Two Girls and a Sailor. How my cousin and I loved that movie. I saw it recently and could only think, 'why?'