Respected Contributor

I loved Poldark and wish more shows of this quality could be shown on PBS. The shows presented now are much like network television.....not for me.

Honored Contributor

I loved Poldark!  I viewed and finished it sometime mid summer...I wish to find more quality period pieces to watch.

Respected Contributor

Robin Ellis, who played Ross Poldark in the 70's version appeared in the newer version as a judge or reverend, can't recall which.  I preferred Angharad Rees as Demelza in the older version, too.  Sadly, she died in 2012.

Honored Contributor

I also love the seventies version of Poldark.  When the new one came around I watched and enjoyed it too. I always look forward to new series and am for the most part not disappointed.  I think the acting and settings are excellent.  Masterpiece Theater has been entertaining me since the seventies and I still consider it top level TV.

Respected Contributor

I, too, am just now watching Poldark, and I love it!  If anyone is wanting to watch the new version starring Aidan Turner Heart, and you have Amazon Prime (Prime Video), all 5 seasons are on there free!  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

My husband and myself both loved Poldark-it was wonderful when we can find something that we could both enjoy.

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman  I have the DVD of the original series.  The role of Demelsa is as different as night and day.  Physically too.

Honored Contributor

Re: pbs series Poldark

[ Edited ]

A tiny Demelsa.  The new one is an Amazon compared to her.   Winston Graham was still writing the books when Poldark first aired.  The books numbered 12 (I think)  The books go up to the death of Valentine Warleggan (Poldark).  I've read about 6 of them over the years.

My husband nicknamed the series Polecat.

Esteemed Contributor

@songbird 

Thanks to you and your husband for giving me a big early morning laugh-fest.

He must be quite the character...your husband that is!

So funny!

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@songbird 

Thanks to you and your husband for giving me a big early morning laugh-fest.

He must be quite the character...your husband that is!

So funny!

He's always giving names to TV shows we watch.  It is funny!