Respected Contributor

I wonder why, as another poster mentioned, regarding TV shows that have been shut down due to the virus, how they are managing to make all these commerials that are related to the virus, public service or others. How are they able to keep doing those?

Respected Contributor

Maybe using previously recorded videos and using current voiceovers that needn't have multiple people in the same area/room?

Kinda similar to the late night talk shows, SNL at home and some news programs?

Denise
Honored Contributor

I've got family in the business.  Most commercials are done well ahead of time.  My niece's commercial sat on a shelf for two years before it got released.  By the way, if it's a SAG commercial, they have to pay you while it's on the shelf plus you then get the money and residuals when it runs.  

Clips and video editing are usually done by one person through videography.  And voiceovers are done just like you see in recording studios where the person and sound engineer are separated in two separate areas.  

Respected Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

I wonder why, as another poster mentioned, regarding TV shows that have been shut down due to the virus, how they are managing to make all these commerials that are related to the virus, public service or others. How are they able to keep doing those?

@catter70: Social distancing and it appears many are working from home or other isolated area. 

Honored Contributor

@Diva on The Q wrote:

@catter70: Social distancing and it appears many are working from home or other isolated area. 

This has been my observation.

Honored Contributor

Re: out of curiousity

[ Edited ]

@catter70 wrote:

I wonder why, as another poster mentioned, regarding TV shows that have been shut down due to the virus, how they are managing to make all these commerials that are related to the virus, public service or others. How are they able to keepdoing those?

They are filming from Their homes

Honored Contributor

I would think so few people on a commercial is the reason.